Chapter 57

Loki pulled you into a kiss, expressing his gratitude for the wonderful new weapon. His hand cupped your neck as his other arm held you to him and he kissed you deeply. "Thank you, my darling," he told you when he broke the kiss so you could catch your breath. The fact that you didn't need to breath was not withstanding on needing to catch it. That was how good of a kisser he was.

"So, boyfriend, what did sestrichka give you? She wouldn't tell us about the surprise she was making you," Nat asked from the doorway of the training room you were in.

Loki smiled brightly and showed off the dagger and all of its features to her. She looked extremely impressed by the weapon you'd made. She also made sure to compliment Loki on his skills. He was obviously showing off and the peacock lived for praise. He preened under her praise and gave her an elegant bow after his demonstration.

Nat insisted that you had to go to dinner, so the three of you headed back upstairs to eat with the others. After dinner, she gave you a shield uniform to wear for the mission, so you would blend in with the other agents around.

"You'll be fine, kid," Clint reassured you after you were dressed and your dimensional pocket full of supplies from the lab and medbay. "And if anything does happen, boyfriend will send you home," he reminded you. Loki nodded his agreement, but you could see the concern and worry in his expression. He was still wary about what might happen on this mission. You didn't blame him. You were concerned too.

You took the jet to the location for the mission and held on tightly to Loki's hand the entire trip there. Loki held yours just as tightly. The jet landed outside of the Hydra facility. "Bucky, Romanoff, you're with Y/N and Loki. The rest of us will draw Hydra's attention out here while you work. Be careful, all of you," Cap told you firmly before he'd let you head inside.

Nat and Bucky let the way inside. They knew Hydra facilities better than anyone else. Loki stayed close to your side while Nat and Bucky cleared the way, though you kept them within eyesight. Loki held his new dagger as you went, but let Nat and Bucky take the lead. They simply knocked the Hydra agents out instead of leaving the walls coated in blood. The alarm was blaring as you made your way through the corridors of the Hydra building. You were glad Bucky was with your group. He knew the way better than anyone. You didn't want to get lost and you definitely didn't want to get separated. Your group was safer together than apart.

You finally made your way to the server room. Nat and Bucky took out the techs before they could wipe the system. The two fought together surprisingly well and you remembered that Bucky had helped trained Nat back in her red room days. Of course they fought nearly identically at times.

Once the room was clear, you rushed in to the main computer and plugged in your equipment from the lab. You and Jarvis worked quickly while Nat, Bucky, and Loki stood guard. Your attention was completely on your task. The system was complicated enough that it was taking yourundivided attention to crack it. That was saying something.

But no software stood a chance against your big brain. It would just take some time.

Unfortunately, time wasn't on your side as a group of Hydra agents came into the room while you were working and opened fire on your group. Nat and Bucky returned fire while you kept working, even as more and more agents joined in the fray.

You cried out in pain when one of the bullets went astray and grazed your arm. It wasn't bad enough to make you stop working, especially when you were so close to being done. And even more especially when you were a vampire and it didn't do that much damage to you.

"Done!" You announced to the other once you had gotten all the data and blown up the system for good measure. You had disconnected and vanished all your equipment.