Chapter 14

"Soldier, get the weapon back to the jet and knock it out," Schneider ordered, breaking through your haze of horror and grief.

Footsteps approached and hands were on your arms, hauling you to your feet. "On your feet, Natal'ka," Bucky told you firmly, gruffly. He risked the different nickname, reminding you to be strong like Nat. Hydra would just think his brain had glitched again, though he gave you the message. You managed to stand and keep your feet under you. "Push it down, Natal'ka," Bucky hissed when you stiffened at walking past the carnage you had created. "Lock the emotions away. You can rage and cry and deal with them later. We have to get out of here right now,"

"It still needs some work, but you can see for yourselves how effective the weapon is," Schneider was telling the other Hydra agents. They were all throwing themselves at him to try to bid for your use. It made you want to puke again.

You tried to think past the pain and grief, past the despair over what you'd been forced to do and walk with Bucky. You had to get out of here. He was right on that point. You looked past the agents to a nearby car that somehow wasn't on fire, though everything else in the village seemed to be burning. There were two ravens perched on it, shimmering with magic as they watched the scenes.

You knew at once from the Norse Mythology book Loki had given you to read when he first met you, from the words they had used to trigger whatever the hell you did here today.

Odin's ravens.

To speak the name is to summon the man, or birds in this case. Hydra was so afraid to even speak Loki's name, for fear of summoning him. They must not realize that the ravens were magic too, or real. Morons. The ravens were Odin's spies, you knew, and had probably been curious why someone on Midgard was using their names.

But would Odin help?

Not directly.

He wouldn't interfere directly on Midgard.

But...

You couldn't get closer to the ravens, but they took off to fly past you, to fly out of the village, to uselessly fly away. You hoped they were as good of spies as the stories said. "Odin. Allfather. Please. If you have any love for your sons, please help them. They're both looking for me and trying to save me. Please, Allfather. Please help your sons." Your words were a whisper, your face turned to the agents couldn't see your lips move. The ravens cawed and continued on their way. You had no idea if they even heard you, much less if Odin would care, or deign to help.

"What are you talking about?" Bucky hissed, scared you were risking blowing his cover. You were his only hope for escape too. Plus he actually liked you. You shook your head. It was too dangerous to discuss out here. He nodded, understanding, and while he might not know all the mythology, almost everyone knew at least of Odin and Thor.

He got you back on the jet and in your seat as fast as he could. He didn't trust your mental health after what you'd been forced to do. Wise man. You were barely holding it together. He ignored all of the blood you were covered in, which was very polite of him. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop them. I had no idea they were going to do this. I'm sorry about this too," you had a moment to look up at him before he continued "Tinkerbell"

*

Loki was watching to footage of you causing the carnage in horror when your unconscious mind latched onto his. You'd been so covered in blood, and probably had consumed quite a lot of it, that your powers were boosted enough to reach him. He turned his attention away from the screen when he felt your presence in his mind.

"They had to have forced her somehow. You all know her. She wouldn't have done this," Stark was saying, desperately trying to defend you somehow, despite the evidence in front of their eyes. "Plus, Hydra sent us this footage to antagonize us. Jarvis, get rid of every trace of this footage besides what we have here," he ordered quickly. No one wanted the news to have any evidence of this.