Chapter 4

It was dusk when you woke again, which wasn't surprising, since you were a vampire after all. You could stay up through the daylight hours, unlike most new vampires, but you were still drained from months of not eating properly. Since you had gone straight to the bedroom and passed out, you hadn't paid attention to the rest of the suite. You finally looked around your suite and saw that on top of the bedroom and attached bathroom, you also had a small living room and a kitchenette. It was actually a cute little apartment they'd given you.

Your first stop was to get a proper way too hot shower. Showers had been very short for the last couple of months, and supervised with a Natasha right outside of the shower. It was annoying and embarrassing. So you relished in the hot water now. It wasn't until after you were thoroughly clean and warm that you realized that there were no clean clothes in your room. Well, that was a massive oversight. You sighed heavily in your towel dress, resigning yourself to old gross clothes that you were going to have to clean by magic. You waved a hand over your jeans and grinned when they were cleaned with magic. It wasn't a spell you'd used often, but you had the knack of it. At least you thought you did when the rest of your clothes were clean too. Until your shirt burst into flames. You shrieked and jumped away from it, glad you had tried to clean it before putting it on.

"Y/N?" Loki's voice asked from the doorway between your sitting room and the hall a moment later while you were trying to figure out how to safely extinguish your shirt. You were also glad you had put on the rest of your clothes before the shirt burst into flames.

"In here!" you called, turning the shower back on. Loki rushed into the room as you gestured to the shirt and threw it in the shower with magic to be extinguished by the water. A strong arm encircled your waist and hauled you backwards away from the flaming shirt into your bedroom.

"What are you doing?" Loki demanded after he had set you back on your feet and had verified you were ok and not on fire. He knew that vampires and fire were a bad combination. He waved at the shower and the fire was gone, as was the shirt, and the shower was back off again.

You sighed heavily and crossed your arms over your chest, self conscious standing in front of your very male-shaped friend with no better shirt than your bra. You were suddenly very aware how male he was. He was quite male. And quite a handsome male. Shut up brain, that wasn't helpful.

"No one thought to supply the vampire with any clothes, and I wasn't getting back in dirty clothes when I was clean..." you told him grumpily. "So I was using magic to clean mine... the shirt didn't approve of the spell apparently," you grumbled, growling softly at the stupid shirt and the stupid spell that went wrong. It really wasn't a spell you were comfortable using, obviously.

Loki chuckled, but was flushing and wouldn't look at you. He was so very many shades of red, it was adorable. Were his cheeks actually turning purple? "So it appears. Clint and Lady Natasha are taking you shopping after dinner. You can borrow one of my shirts," he told you and summoned a shirt and handed it to you. You threw it on quickly, turning your back to him as you did.

"Thanks," you told him, embarrassed. "Were you looking for me?" you asked to change the subject, asking him why he was over here.

"I was going to see if you were up and walk you to dinner, but then you screamed," he explained. You nodded. That was fair.

You laughed. "Stupid shirt," you replied. "Shall we go find dinner, then?" you asked with a grin. He smiled and inclined his head and the pair of you left your suite. He gestured toward the elevator. You chatted comfortably with him as you walked. He'd become a good friend over the last couple of months.