Chapter 21

Loki stood and whirled to turn and face Thor. "No way. I'm not leaving, not when we finally just got Y/N back!" he protested loudly, magic sparking around his fingers in his agitation and distress. He didn't want to leave you when you were finally safe. Especially when they just got you home yesterday.

"It's Father's orders. He sent one of the ravens. We must return home. It will be a short visit only, Brother, just long enough so he can see for himself that you're worthy,"

"How did he find out already?" Loki demanded in a growl.

Thor gave him a look that he was being stupid. "You know I have to send him updates and the ravens check up on us while we're here. So of course I told him. I'm proud of you, Brother, and wished to share your accomplishment with the rest of our family," Thor explained.

"I can't just leave Y/N!" Loki protested again, almost desperately.

"It's alright, Lokes, if you have to go home..." you told him softly. He ran his fingers through your hair.

"I'm not leaving you, kitten," he replied firmly.

"Stubborn, noodle," you replied.

"I just got you back," he told you just as firmly. "I'm not leaving you. Hydra is going to try to get you back," he added. He and Thor seemed to be at an impasse. Thor thought quickly about how to fix it.

"You heal quickly, lady, it's one of the few perks of your affliction," Thor addressed you finally. "I'll stall Father for at least a few days, long enough to you to recover physically from your ordeal with Hydra. Then you can come to Asgard with us," Thor suggested.

Loki rolled his eyes. "Father is never going to willingly allow a Midgardian into Asgard," he told Thor. Odin was notorious about not wanting Midgardians, or mortals in his realm.

"I'll fix it with Father. He'll understand that you would refuse to leave your lady, especially when we borrowed the ravens to help rescue her," Thor replied reasonably.

Loki thought that over, then looked to you. "Darling, would you be alright with coming with us?" he asked. He would agree to this plan without you on board.

"Are you kidding? A chance for a Midgardian to see Asgard!? Of course I want to go!" You bounced up from the couch excitedly and wrapped your arms around Loki's neck while his arm wrapped around you and he chuckled at your excitement. "As long as Odin will actually allow visitors from Midgard," you added that last part, remembering what he said about Odin. You'd also have to hide that you were a vampire from him. You didn't think Odin would approve if he found out.

"I'd love to show you the wonders of home, sweetheart," Loki told you warmly. He looked over your head to Thor. "Very well, convince Father and we'll bring my lady along with us." Thor nodded his understanding and went to write his return letter to Odin. Loki turned his attention to you. "And you, my darling, need to rest and recover from your ordeal so you'll be up to travelling," he told you firmly, but warmly. Damn Trickster was bribing you very well to actually rest, no matter how boring resting was.

"You drive a hard bargain, Trickster," you teased. He laughed and hugged you tighter, sure if you could joke and be your usual ball of sunshine that you'd recover from Hydra.

*

Thor bought you a week, during which you worked with Loki to make sure the trigger words were actually out of your head and started working on Bucky's, but more slowly, since Loki didn't want you using a lot of magic while you were recovering. You also made sure to actually sleep, did some light work in the lab, spent your free time playing board and video games with the boys, and grudgingly accepted a couple of small blood donations from Loki. Very grudgingly and only under threat and hints that he didn't think you were recovering fast enough to risk travelling.