Beginning

Requested by ElizaYoDude

May not be historically accurate. I switched around events for time. Sorry but I still think it would make sense.

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a ___ and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean, by providence impoverished and squalor, grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

Alexander Hamilton.

~flashback~

"I'm leaving," his father says decisively.

His mother begs and cries and pleads, but her words land on deaf ears. His father slams the door.

He was ten.

Two years later

His mother choked on her blood in her throat. The nurse comes in and checks her temperature one last time. She holds him tight in her arms and talks in a whisper to her ill son.

And then... nothing. She was gone. He was left alone with her body.

He cried and begged her to wake up, to stay alive.

He moved in with his cousin. Things were looking up. They placed him in charge of a trading charter. And started clerking for his late mother's landlord, trading sugar cane and rum and all the things he can't afford.

Every day slaves were being slaughtered and carted away across the waves while he struggled and kept his guard up. He was longing for something to be a part of, ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter.

Then a hurricane cane and devastation reigned. His future was drip, dripping down the drain.

After the hurricane, he found the cousin hanging by a rope.

He had nothing but ruined pride. And something new inside.

"You gotta fend for yourself"

He started retreating and reading every treatise on the shelf.

He put a pencil to his temple, connected it to his brain, and he wrote his first refrain, a testament to his pain.

The word got around.

People said with copies in their hands, "This kid is insane, man!"

They passed around a plate. No one had much to give, but they raised enough for him to make passage on a small ship to the mainland. Total strangers, moved to kindness by his story.

They said, "Get your education, don't forget from whence you came, and the world's gonna know your name!"

Scamming for every book he can get his hands on, planning for the future.

He stood on the bow of a ship, heading to a new land

IN NEW YORK YOU CAN BE A NEW MAN!

~end flashback~

A tear traced his cheek. Eliza wrapped her arms around her husband.

"It's alright now," she soothed.

Alexander thought, my life is gonna be fine, 'cause Eliza's in it.

First requested oneshot!

What do you think?

Thanks to ElizaYoDude for the request!

Leave more and I will do my best to write about them!