Schuyler Sisters

"C'mon, Liza!" Peggy yelled.

I sighed. "Fine."

My sisters led me outside. They'd convinced me to go downtown with them.

We walked past several farms. The people gawked at Angelica. She was always the talk of the town.

Of course, the men were being flirtatious, but Angie was an expert. She pushed them away and left, pulling us along.

I laughed at her.

"Eliza, I looking for a mind at work," she said.

Once we got to town square, Angelica was talking to someone, Aaron Burr, I think.

I led Peggy around. "Look around, look around, at how lucky we are to be alive right now!"

We roamed about the city, chatting and exchanging gossip with the locals.

They said revolution was broiling here in New York. George Washington was appointed General of the United States. His right hand man was someone named Alexander Hamilton.

The French had gotten involved as well. The Marquis de Lafayette has sailed from France with funds, guns, and ships.

History was happening in Manhattan, and we just happened to be in the greatest city in the world.

Angelica recited lines from the Declaration of Independence, her sassy, feminist, and fiery personality taking over the well-known words.

I wasn't as outspoken as my sister. Peggy was almost at her level, though.

"Come on, Liza," Angelica said, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the center with her and Peggy.

Angelica!

Eliza!

And Peggy!

The Schuyler sisters!