ψElevenψ

Minho fiddled with the handle of the car door. His eyes casted over the soaked streets as they zoomed past, forehead gently bumping against the rain covered window with every rock of the car. He watched the people scooting by under umbrellas, couples holding hands, playful kids splashing ahead of their parents, one or two down cast and standing out in the showers.

On one instance when the car stopped at a red light, Minho got the pleasure of witnessing one of these drenched people standing alone be joined by someone with a clear umbrella with rubber ducks on it. He swore they looked familiar but seeing as how he couldn't see their faces he gave up.

"What do you think?" Hyunjin asked in a hum.

The older glanced over, noticing how he looked sort of shy and was switching where he was staring every second. Minho gulped, "Uh, sure. That sounds great."

"Seriously?"

"Totally."

"I'll propose to Seungmin this evening then."

Minho choked. He shot forward from his seat, nearly screaming as he tried to regain his breath, "What?!"

"Relax, I'm joking," The younger snorted as he broke into a fit of laughter. He enjoyed teasing Minho, in fact, both of them loved that pass time way too much to the point it might have bordered unnatural. Once Hyunjin calmed down his laughing to nothing but a small smile, he said, "I asked if you'd be okay going to the movies with us after we pick Seungmin up?"

"You said we were going back to apartment. Then you and him were going on a date after you dropped me off?"

"We didn't account for the rain this morning. The weather forecast said it would be sunny when we made plans so we thought you could walk home after lectures ended."

"Pull over, I can walk."

"Wait a minute, I'm not letting you walk that far in the rain."

"Then what movie are we watching?"

"How do feel about aliens?"

Minho didn't respond to his question as he rolled his eyes. Actually, he didn't mind sci-fi movies, he simply didn't want to answer. Instead he rested his forehead against the window again, feeling the chill seep into his skin. He watched the different cars roll by as they got closer and closer to their destination. Some stayed by their side, some fell behind, a lot of times the cars took another path and drifted away to little dots against the tall buildings.

The car pulled into the lot, parking in a space close to the entrance of the familiar building. There didn't seem to be many cars around and even less people were entering or leaving. Those who did wore a uniform of blue shirts and white pants. When Minho and Hyunjin arrived at the glass doors they got the answer as to the absence of people. A large sign was posted, saying it was closed to the public. It was shouting at them to stay out and away from the aquarium. That seemed to be ignored, as the younger opened the door and walked right in. All Minho could do was follow after.

"Excuse us, we're clos- Oh, Hyunjin, hey!"

They looked over to see a man around their age frantically waving them over, wide smile gracing his features. He was located behind a receptionist desk-like contraption, it being a fishtank where salt water fish of all kinds swam freely in the bright coral and anemone set up for them. A dolphin statue that had the large lettering of 'Customer Service' plastered to the side dangled dangerously over above his head.

Wait. Minho furrowed his eyebrows, Haven't I met him before?

"Chan! I didn't know you had a shift today," Hyunjin called back to the man. He jogged over to the desk and leaned his weight against it, trying to peek at the computer screens turned away from him.