Once they made it out to Seth's vehicle, Seth didn't go over to the passenger side door to hold it open for Darien like he had in the past. He wasn't trying to be rude, and he was actually quite frustrated that he couldn't, but he was trying to hold a low profile at that time. Especially because Seth hadn't really been seen with anyone other than Caroline for the past few months. He climbed in the driver's seat and shut the door, waiting for Darien to get settled.

"So," Seth began. "Did Andy question how little you brought home?"

"No, I don't think he really noticed," Darien admitted, buckling his seatbelt. Seth buckled his own and started the car.

"Well, that's a good thing, right?" Seth asked.

"Yeah, definitely. I'm terrible at confrontation in situations like that, I don't know how I'd deal with that," Darien said.

Seth pulled out of his parking spot, eager to get to their destination. Darien spent most of the ride quiet, fiddling with his fingers and glancing up at Seth every few minutes. His heart was racing, thudding mercilessly against his chest. He was very visibly distressed, and it didn't take Seth too long to notice.

"If you're feeling too anxious, I can take you home whenever you want. Just say the word" Seth said, not once taking his eyes off the road.

"No, it's okay. I mean, I am a little nervous about Andy, but I want to spend time with you," Darien said shyly, a peach blush warming up his cheeks. Seth let out a deep sigh.

"Can I tell you something without you being mad at me?" Seth asked nervously.

"That depends," Darien said. "But go on."

"Well, I kinda had Caroline go to Andy's class tonight to make sure we were back on time," Seth admitted.

"You did?" Darien asked, looking down at his lap.

"Yeah, I know it's technically spying and I'm sorry for not telling you beforehand. I just thought it could be helpful, and I know Andy's class isn't a scheduled one, more of an extracurricular thing," Seth said.

"It is, it's like a glorified club, really," Darien said, rolling his eyes.

"I just wanted to tell you, I felt bad," Seth said.

"Honestly? It makes me feel much better. Thank you, Seth," Darien grinned. Seth let out another sigh, a quieter one, in relief. He turned his focus back to the drive, but finally became brave enough to put a hand on Darien's thigh. Darien placed his hand on top of Seth's nervously, and turned his head to look out the window.

In that very moment, Darien was much more conflicted with everything than he ever had been. He stared, mesmerized by the blur of the trees and stars in the night sky as Seth wizzed by them on the interstate. He thought about Andy and how blind he had been to his true colors. If Seth was really telling the truth, and Andy lied to him about the hospital, what else was he lying about? His stomach twisted and turned, he really felt like he fucked up big time, but was it really all his fault? Andy seemed so sweet and kind to him, especially when they first met. Maybe he was just too easy to deceive.

"Can I ask a personal question?" Seth asked quietly.

"Hm? Oh, sure," Darien said.