Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

I quickly pull my messy hair back and throw on some training clothes and make my way downstairs. "Nice of you to finally show" he scoffed crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Oh, hush," I said waving him off. 

"Let's stretch quick then well start a short run" I look at him wide-eyed "Short run meaning what..." "About 5 miles I would say" I could have fallen over then. I knew he trained every morning and his body was proof of that, but he was crazy to think I could just run 5 miles no problem. "You have to try Ochaco! I don't like fucking weak complainers in my boot camp!" this whole trainer thing was going to his head already as I did my last stretch. "alright then let's go, trainer" I said trainer with a tone that made him grit his teeth at me.

After our run and some strength training, I finally got to throw myself down on the cold grass. "Good work! I was surprised you lasted so long!" I glared at him from the ground and he put a hand on his hip laughing. Walking over beside me he plopped down beside me. It caused me to tense up a bit. "So what are your plans later?" I look up at the clouds moving in the sky "Nothing really, probably hang out here and pray I'm not dead tomorrow after this workout." Bakugou turns on his side looking at me with a half smile. "Want to order pizza?" I turn my gaze at him as the wind blows his blonde spikey hair in front of his face. Was he actually wanting to hangout with me tonight, just us two? I analyzed his face to make sure he was serious. When his expression stayed the same I made up my mind. "Sure, sounds like a plan to me." He smiles pulling himself up off the grass. "I have some things to do today for my mom so I'll head back here around 5." I nod my head staying down on the grass. "So that means you better do some stretches so I don't have to hear you fucking complaining later about being sore" He smiles down at me before waving as he runs down the street.
I eventually pull myself up from the grass and check my phone.

Deku: Hey! Hope you are having a great first day of break. Miss you!

Ochaco: Deku! Yeah, I am having a great time, hope you and All Might are training hard! Miss you too!

Deku: I've been working really hard! All Might said he was super impressed! Can't wait to show you when I see you! Want to talk on the phone later?

Ochaco: That's great! Sure, call me tonight how about 5?

Deku: sounds good :)

I click my lock button and feel a pang of guilt in my stomach. What did I even feel guilty about... Baugou and I hadn't even done anything... just two friends hanging out over the break. Right?

*******   10 hours Later....

My phone begins ringing at exactly 5 pm and I jolt up to grab it. "Hey," I say excitedly. "Ochaco! Hey, how are you?" Deku sounded just as excited on the other end. It made me feel a bit bad that I was meeting up with Bakugou. "I'm good just hanging out here". He was silent for a minute, "you're by yourself? Be careful! I cannot talk for much longer, but please call me if you need help!" I smile at his sincerity and caring nature. I quickly feel sick because it was at this point I needed to decide if I should lie or not... "I'm not going to be alone! No worries here". The other end was silent..."Who's going to be there? Did Tsu come back to see you?" 

I tap my finger on the kitchen counter. Here goes nothing "no... actually, Bakugou said he would come by and hang out." I increase the speed of my tapping as I grow impatient to hear his response. "Bakugou?" "U-uh yeah. He offered to help me train during the break... so this morning he threw out getting some pizza." Hearing the front door open I make my way to see Bakugou lugging in three boxes of pizzas. 

I hold the phone to my ear and point a finger at him to indicate 1 minute. "Well... that's kinda unlike him.. but I hope you all have a good time.... call me if you need anything!" I smile against the phone thankful that I was being honest. "Alright! Miss you and hope you're having fun". 

Bakugou made a face at me rolling his eyes before dropping the boxes on the counter. "Night Ochaco" Deku's voice sounded a little sad at the end, but there was nothing to be sad about.. was there? I was telling the truth. I pull the phone away from my ear and set it down on the counter. Bakugou was standing with his arms crossed, "done now?". He was so moody as I made my way to the stack of pizza boxes "Was three really necessary?" He scoffs at my comment, "Well I know you like two specific kinds and hate my toppings so I thought it was best to get a variety so that everyone was happy" He pulled out some plates and was facing away from me, thankfully, because my face was a bright red due to his thoughtfulness and memory.

Turning around Bakugou handed me a plate and I quickly opened up a box seeing pepperoni and jalapenos and pushed that towards Bakugou. "Heres yours" he laughed looking at my grossed out expression, "oh come on, it's not that disgusting!" I turn my face away from him and reach for the other boxes. "Yes that is, I don't know how you can eat so much spicy food and not get sick!" I pull two plain cheese pizzas from the first box and look over at him as he piled up his slices. 

"Because spicy is the best! Who the hell likes PLAIN CHEESE PIZZA!" He pointed down at my plate laughing before he took a big bite out of his pizza. I stick out my tongue and make my way to the living room as he follows behind me. Plopping down on the couch I grab the remote and scroll through some movies. 

"OH YES! Let's WATCH THIS!" Bakugou grabbed the remote and clicked onto a scary movie where the cover was filled with blood. I flashed him a look of annoyance as he laughed, "come on...I promise this one isn't THAT scary.." I continued to stare at him because I didn't believe him. I knew him better than this. 

This was coming from the guy who has seen every scary movie created, so his version of "not so bad" was very different from my version. "Fine, but you're watching it with me one of these days..." Bakugou tossed the remote back to me and let me pick out a romantic comedy. He was not happy about it at first, but after a while, he was starting to laugh and enjoy it. 

We spent the remainder of the night laughing and talking as the movie played in the background. I couldn't believe that we went from not speaking at the beginning of the year to becoming close friends again... dare I say, even closer friends than before? When the credits began to roll I looked over at the time and saw 10:00 pm. Oh god! "Well guess it's too late for me to head home now.." Bakugou was clearly looking at the same thing as me. "Better text the hag and let her know so she's not worried" I watched as Bakugou pulled out his black smartphone quickly punching out his text aggressively and then sliding his phone back into his back pocket.

 I watched him lay his head back against the sofa. The veins in his neck twitched slightly as he moved his gaze towards me. "By the way Pink Cheeks, my mom is obsessed with you.." I sit up quick "What?" "You heard me loser, my mom continually talked about you today and how great you are... Ochaco this Ochaco that...It was so annoying" he laughed turning his gaze back up at the ceiling swallowing causing his adam's apple to move in his throat. I caught myself staring and turned away quickly.

"Well I am pretty great, so what can I say" I flip my hair making a face at him. He growled jumping at me. "Oh shut up!" he laughed ticking me mercifully. I bellowed out laughing as his large hands found my ticklish spots and caused me to cry laughing. At this point, he was holding himself up by his arms directly above me as I caught my breath. "You have to admit I'm the best then I'll stop" His deep red eyes looked down at me hungrily, it was a familiar look that at this point in time I knew was trouble. 

"Fine, you're the best, happy now?" Putting a hand to his chest I push myself up and push him back. "We probably should get to bed.." He stared at me blankly and a bit hurt. "We have to get up in a few hours to train you know. It's probably the smart thing to do.." He nodded in agreement as he pulled himself up off the couch. As we cleaned up the living room quickly and put away the leftovers I felt a strong hand on my shoulder pulling me in close. 

I stood there motionless as Bakugou held me close to his chest. His arms wrapped around my small frame as our breathing became rhythmic. "Night Uraraka..See you in the morning." I nod my head against his chest filling my lungs with the strong smell of his cologne before he pulls away and heads towards his side of the dorms.