Chapter 2

Keira's Pov :

                       It was late at night when I arrived from Illinois to California. Before I knew it, I'm here in the open world, full of new things and new people. I didn't exactly plan what to do next but I'm still planning my to ' Live My Life And Freedom To The Fullest ' plan. But I'll start off first by checking in a hotel and plan to stay here for a atleast a few days till until I found a cheap apartment to stay in and a good job with a steady pay. Anything is ok for me as long as it's cheap, within conditions of course. 

Somewhere down the street probably in the not so good parts of the city, I guess, I saw run down looking hotel that must've seen better days and decided to just stay there since it might be cheap and stuff.

As I entered and saw that the hotel wasn't all bad. Sure the walls could use a new paint job. The decorations are tacky and it smells of cigarettes but I won't complain since I don't own it.

Walking towards the counter, I was greeted by a grumpy old lady whose face is caked with make-up and wearing clothes that an old lady like her should be wearing. She was too busy filing her manicured nails to even notice me in front of her.

I coughed and her eyes moved up to look at me, disinterestedly.

" Hi, what can I do for you? " The woman, who's name is Shirley in her name tag, asked in an annoyed tone.

" Do you have any cheap rooms- "

" 10 bucks a night. Plus, 50 for the water bills and another 50 for the electricity. If you can't afford that, then scram, " she cutted me off and turned back to filing her nails.

Rude. I know I look like a poor person but you don't have to give me that attitude.

Shuffling my bag infront of me, I took out two hundred dollar bills and placed it in the counter, " Is this enough for 10 nights for you? "

The old woman sneered and immediately grabbed the hundred dollar bill and threw a pair of keys at me.

" Room 17. Enjoy your stay. "

I don't know why I bothered to give her a fake smile and immediately proceed to go up my room through a flight of stairs. Yippee.

       After a horrible time climbing up the stairs, I found my room and fumbled with the keys to the doorknob. I opened the door and saw that the room was decent enough, there was a small cabinet beside the single bed and above it was a small lamp lighting up the room. Like I said, I won't complain.

Dropping my bag beside the small cabinet, I fished out the newspaper I bought in the airport and proceed to the job applications and as well as any cheap rooms for me to live in.

I took out a pen from my bag and started to encircle the jobs that seems decent to me with good pay and a couple of buildings that have a few cheap rooms.

It was getting late already as I finished changing my clothes into my night wear of a simple white shirt and gray shorts. Yawning, I climb inside the bed and stretched. Pulling the covers on me, I reached to switch the lamp off and accidentally knocked off the paper off the cabinet. Looking down at the paper, I saw a bit of the headline news and saw a handsome face.

Then again, never cared about fake celebrities in the newsfeed or paper. I grabbed the newspaper and placed it back in the top of the cabinet.

I lay back in the bed, looking at the ceiling with a sigh and muttered,

" Everything will be all worth it, I guess. "

I sighed one more time and reached to turn off the lights and wait what tomorrow brings for me.

~~~~~

Edited this because I just reread it and I noticed the story is slightly crappy