Chapter 11

Ok. Bringing in both Dana and Ashlyn together was a bad idea. Not a bad idea, as in bad bad kind of way, but more of a small little dispute on both women, especially when it comes in deciding on my make-up.

Yesterday night, I told Ashlyn on how Damon had invited me to a formal party but Ashlyn wasn't exactly interested in me invited to a party but she was interested on who this Damon is.

After describing her about his profile and appearance, she was stoked for me and said she would make me look at my finest to snag me a boyfriend to look after myself and my son.

And that's when I forget to mention that Dana would be coming over tonight as well to lend me a dress and help me with my make-over.

" Excuse me. Kei-Kei's lips more irresistible when she wears a matte nude color. It makes her look sexy and mature, " Ashlyn argued as she pointed a lipstick at Dana.

" You do not point that lipstick color at me. I prefer it when Kei baby's lips are in full plump view in a crimson red lipstick. " Dana sneered at Ashlyn as she commented. " Let me guess creme colors for her foundation? I can see why your nose isn't accentuated and looks rounder. "

Ashlyn gasped. " How dare you! At least I know my nose isn't fake with caked make-up to look like a Kim Kardashian wannabe. "

Oh boy.

Dana placed her make-up kit in her left side chair as she bring her hands up and motioned it to her to provoke Ashlyn into a cat fight.

" Come on. You and me. I could take down a skinny little girl you are. You could learn some manners! "

" Please. I've seen better old ladies than you and I can take you down with a whoop in your ' accentuated ' ass. " Ashlyn made a stance to bring on the cat fight.

I glanced nervously at both of my best friends as I glanced at the clock to see I have only an hour left till Damon arrives to pick me up for the party.

" Guys, please. Could we just work this out? You both can make me look pretty but only of you work together- "

Ashlyn cutted me off as she nudged her head at Dana with distaste. " Work with her? Please. Her style is way outdated than my style is. "

" Now listen here, you- "

We turned our heads to one direction as we heard David starting to cry. I frowned as I walked over from the living room to my son's cradle as I picked him up and tried to calm him down.

" Mommy's here. Mommy's here, my sweet little angel. I'm terribly sorry for the loud noise. Please rest now, my baby boy. Mommy is sorry for waking you up, " I whispered as I hummed a tune to ease my baby and try to get him to sleep once more.

After successfully calming down David and putting him to his peaceful sleep, I turned to Ashlyn and Dana who fell silent as they both watched David then turn their gaze to me.

My mouth formed a thin line as I stared at them to say something. Ashlyn took a side look at Dana and muttered,

" I guess I could work with her. But I'm doing the foundation and her eyes, ok? "

" Fine. And I guess I'll do her lips and hair. Then lastly, we'll both decide on what dress and accessories she will wear, " Dana agreed, biting her lip as she eyed Ashlyn then back to me.

I gave a smile and asked, " Well, what are you waiting for? Start with make-over, ladies. We have a good 40 minutes left till my chaperone arrives. "

~~~~

I watched as a silver sports car drived and parked in front of me as I bent down to see Damon smiling back at me. He got out of the car as he made his way to me as he lifted my hand and kissed it.