CHAPTER 5

Going on a two week business trip alone with Zayne was enough to let her sanity fly out of the window.
But hell,sharing a penthouse with him. She was ready to join her sanity outside the window.
Darn those bastards for agreeing to bend to Brandon's will.

The night had been a disaster. She had tossed and turned in her too cold room despite the fireplace.
Now the clock read 8:56am and she still couldn't bring herself to come out of her room.
Funny,Aliya Stone was terrified.
When the knock came she stilled.
There was another pounding on her door.
Aliya let her frightened mask slip as she tightened the rope of her black dressing gown and slipped on her slippers.
"Miss Stone, I suggest you come out already. The work won't finish by itself".
He was dressed in a gray sweatpants and a plain white shirt which hugged his chest perfectly giving her a wonderful view of well tonned muscles and perfectly sculpted abs.

Aliya tried to slam the door in his face but he was faster. He placed his foot in between the door and the wall,then forcefully opened the door and entered.
"This is not your place Lanphier,"she told him,then moved to open the French door that led to the balcony.
Zayne studied her,watching closely from where she stood close to the French door. Her back turned to him,shoulders stiff.
"Then show me my place?"Aliya turned and smiled at him.
"I'll have pleasure in doing that. Proving to you that sometimes where you're used to is not where you belong".
"Oh",he started to walk towards her and Aliya began to recoil until she felt her back hit the banister.
He looked at her with hooded lids,violating her personal space."I'll also enjoy you showing me my place. But Miss Stone from what I'm reading in your eyes, I can say I already know my place",he leaned closer to her and his breath fanned her face. She exhaled." Its right there. In your heart. Deep inside",he pressed his index finger to her chest." Its shocking,isn't it?" Zayne smirked. "I might not know what you have against me but I know what I'm reading."