Aliya•••

Heartily exhausted from her morning jog,Aliya sat down on the last porch step her breathing moving rapidly. Her bra was was wet from sweat and the back of her dress was drenched in it as she took a large gulp of water from her bottle. She could hardly respond when the gardener greeted her. These past weeks she always felt after every morning jog,which seemed quite vague. Before she'll have felt more energized after the exercise,but things have changed.

When the thoughts of the inception of her problems came to mind. Then all roads lead to one person. One bug that won't stop pestering.
The air smelt fresh, the dew still wet on the flowers and leaves. Aliya lied down on the porch three step,closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the sun. The erratic beating of her heart stilled when she heard footsteps.

"Aliya",Suri called in a high pitched voice. Aliya firmly shut her eyes and tried to enshroud her rapid heartbeat.
Avoiding conversations such as these were her topmost priority.
"Oh my dear",she sighed." You just had to fall asleep here on the stairs,didn't you. Your back will surely hurt. I'm also afraid to wake you since you sleep lees these days". What an outburst.
Aliya stilled herself further to prevent blowing up her cover.
Her Nona wouldn't stop blabbering.
"You've goaled and secluded yourself here when your life is out there waiting for you",she continued to blabber." Oh silly me.... You can't even here me",this time she could no longer hide her smile." Still hunny...you've had all of us worried and the problem is you refuse to talk or explain things to us so .....",Brandon walked in and cut her.
"Leave her mother. She's playing with you".
"What do you mean son".
"She's not asleep. You can tell from her smile. No one smiles that wide whiles asleep",Aliya burst out laughing. Suri punched her on the shoulder.
"Silly girl. You played me for a fool and you did it so well. But at least it got you to laugh after a long time",Aliya frowned and Brandon squatted near her.

"The truth won't change if you will not listen child. You left even knowing you had nothing to lose. When you knew everything was on your side,you left Z...."
"Don't ",she stopped him." Don't mention his name papa. Please".
"You can't take him out of the equation because he will forever be there",Brandon joined them on the stairs." We might relocate thousands of times with because we want to spend as much time with as we can. We love you Aliya but you can't hide forever".
"I know that papa",she hissed." I visited Hussain's grave".
"Oh hunny",tears spilled from her eyes.
"I realized everything I thought I knew about him was a facade. It had Zayne all along. I never knew the man I loved now I don't even if he was the one I loved".
Her thoughts were higgledy_ piggled.
"So what now",Suri asked." Is it Zayne you love".
"Nona,I guess",she agreed politely.
"Its hard to admit it right?"
"Yeah. A part of me wants to accept another wants to deny".
"What is your heart saying",Brandon began to rub her back affectionately.
"My heart is saying this was meant to be".
"I always tell you everything happens for a reason. You and Zayne are meant to be child".
"I guess you're right papa".

Love
~renna.