Of Mice and Men-Wait no not that!

Halt stepped inside and took a moment to scan his surroundings and check possible escape routes.

Morgarath's office was large and commodious. A circular wooden desk took up the majority of the room. A collection of plush armchairs were arranged around a coffee table in one corner. Bookshelves lined the walls. Behind the desk was a large stained-glass window.

Sitting behind the desk on a throne-like chair was Morgarath himself.

"So." The son of Zeus stood up and walked over to them. "I hear you were the ones that incapacitated my friends."

Servants is more like it, Halt thought. He noted the smooth way that Morgarath spoke, how his poise radiated authority. Beside him, Crowley leans against the wall, the perfect picture of relaxation and ease.

"Would you care to tell me your names?" Morgarath asks. Halt shrugs.

"I'm Halt. Halt Arratay." he says briefly. No point in mentioning his real last name.

"My name's Crowley." Crowley says.

"No last name?" Morgarath asks. It seems like an innocent question, but Halt can see the mocking light behind Morgarath's dark eyes.

Crowley simply shrugs. "Crowley Retaynm." he says.

Halt notes, with a flash of amusement, that Retaynm is simply 'Meratyn' with the letters rearranged.

Morgarath nods and sits down on a chair at the coffee table. "Have a seat." he says, gesturing towards the table.

Crowley glances at Halt, then starts towards the chairs. Halt pauses for a second, then follows Crowley, sitting next to the redhead.

"So, I understand you two are demigods." Morgarath says. He smiles, the sort of smile that is meant to be charming but instead seems more like that of a snake's.

Halt simply shrugs. Crowley widens his eyes in a picture of innocence.

"Oh, no need to hide it." Morgarath says, smiling. "I'm a son of Zeus. You are, as I understand, on the side of Kronos during the First War?"

Crowley simply leans back, tilting his head. "Were we." Halt's partner says simply, neither denying it or acknowledging it.

Morgarath laughs. "Yes, you were." he says simply. "And am I correct in assuming that you still feel resentment against the gods?"

Crowley pressed his lips together. Halt clenched his jaw. 

Morgarath observes them for a brief couple seconds, then nods. 

"I see." he says. Then he makes some sort of gesture.

Metal cords rise out of the ground, wrapping around them. Crowley doesn't look too shocked, turning his head to look at the ropes. Halt notices a small motion of Crowley's mouth.

"I'm afraid I can't have you two blathering my plans to the rest of the world." Morgarath says coldly. He gestures again and their weapons are removed. Another gesture and they are pushed under the ground, then spat out into a wooden room, reinforced with metal. Halt notices two piles of hay and a wooden table.

"Mice and men." Crowley mutters.

Halt frowns. "Pardon?" he asks.

Crowley flashes him a grin. "Nothing." he says. Then Crowley opens his mouth fully and spits out something; a small sphere.

"They might have taken our weapons," Crowley says cheerfully, "but they neglected to check our bodies.