Interlude-Aftermath

Halt brought his arms upwards, sending a burst of dark tendrils at Crowley. The redhead grinned and effortlessly dodged every one of them, nocking an arrow and sending it flying at Halt. 3 more quickly followed.

Halt cursed. His annoying boyfriend had deliberately used signal flares-arrows that reduced his shadowbending. He had to get to Crowley's bow.

Stepping backwards, Halt reappeared in a shadow on top of a tree. Crowley, who'd heard him, easily turned towards him and shot another signal flare.

"You and your arrows." Halt muttered, shadow-traveling to a shadow next to Crowley. Startled, the redhead swung the hilt of his knife towards Halt's jaw. Stepping away, Halt sent shadows towards Crowley's bow, ensnaring it and then pinning Crowley onto the ground with a sweep of his hand.

"You're overpowered." Crowley grumbled. Halt smirked, untying his boyfriend and then sitting next to him.

"That or you're just not good enough." Halt said teasingly. Crowley glared at him and abruptly elbowed Halt in the stomach, making the normally stoic son of Hades gasp.

They stayed there for a bit, Crowley relishing the sunlight and Halt sharpening his knife.

"I still don't get it." Crowley said quietly. Golden eyes blinked up at Halt. "I thought you liked Pauline."

Halt shrugged. "Guess not." he said simply. Truth be told, he had liked Pauline-for a bit. Glancing down at Crowley, he studied his boyfriend's face. An old scar above his eyebrow. Long lashes that shimmered in the sunlight. Full lips. 

Yep, he certainly wouldn't regret his choice.

Lying down beside Crowley, Halt relished in the warmth of his boyfriend. It had been a long fight against Morgarath and the primordial goddess Nyx. But now, watching the world that wasn't destroyed and wasn't  conquered, Halt was glad he'd fought.

For Crowley, of course.