36. Pete spends two and a half hours on the phone.

Start from the beginning

The door to Mikey's bedroom opened, and Mikey walked into the kitchen. "Hey Pete. Hey Gerard," he said.

"Mikey, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked.

"Sure," Mikey said. The two of us went into Mikey's bedroom, which was covered in band posters, so that Gerard wouldn't overhear us. "What did you want to talk about?"

"The next vision is me being on the phone for two and a half hours," I said. "How do I stop it?"

"That's easy," Mikey said. "Don't call anyone, and don't pick up the phone."

"I want to call my boyfriend though," I said. "I miss Patrick a lot. You only hear the music when your heart begins to break, and I think my heart's breaking right now."

"I told you that you should have brought him along," Mikey said.

"I didn't even meet him until after Gabe, Brendon, and I had this trip planned," I said.

"You can use my phone to call Patrick, but please keep track of the time," Mikey said. "Gabe might kill you if you're on the phone for two and a half hours."

"I doubt that it will take that long," I said. The two of us left Mikey's room, went back into the kitchen, and ate our breakfast.

After breakfast, I found the Ways' phone in the living room and dialed Patrick's number. "Hello?" Patrick said, making my heart beat a little faster. His voice was gorgeous, as always.

"Hi Lunchbox," I said.

"Pete!" Patrick exclaimed. "I've missed you so much. This week has been miserable without you. How's New Jersey?"

"New Jersey itself is pretty terrible..." I said.

"I could have told you that," Patrick said. "Chicago is the best city. It makes me feel so summer fling."

"You make me feel so summer fling, Trick," I said.

"Thanks Pete," Patrick said.

"Anyways, the people here are nice," I said. "Mikey and his friends are awesome, but I still miss you a lot. You're my partner in crime."

"I miss you too," Patrick said. "What have you been up to over there? I want to hear all about it."

"We drove here last Wednesday, but we got lost," I explained. "We've mostly been hanging around the Ways' house with Mikey and Ray, but we went to a dog park with Frank and Gerard on Friday. We also went to Action Park with them on Monday."

"What's Action Park?" Patrick asked.

"It's basically a waterpark that's trying to kill you," I said. "They have a looping water slide."

"I didn't know that was possible," Patrick said.

"Me neither," I said. "Maybe if you were here, you could have talked us out of going there."

Patrick laughed and then asked, "How are Gabe and Brendon doing?"

"Brendon's fine," I responded. "Gabe and I are fighting right now."

"Why?" Patrick asked.

"I insulted his book," I said, purposefully leaving out the part about how I had accidentally made his vision come true. "He then killed off the character that was based on me."

Always wanting to see the best in people, Patrick said, "Maybe that was just a coincidence."

"No, it was pretty obvious that he killed off my character just because we were fighting," I said.