Chapter 55: Salted caramel.

Amelia's room above.

Amelia Smith

Staying at home on weekends became a habit a few weeks ago and this Sunday is not an exception. I just finished my English essay so I decide to watch tv in my room.

I never thought a breakup would change a person's life this way.

I feel like everything that I have is just gone and I don't know what to replace it with.

What saddens me the most is the fact that I was the one who initiated the breakup. I remember the look of heartbreak on Liam's face when he walked away from me at the park.

Has he moved on?

Does he think about me just like I do every day?

Ivory was right. This was the worst decision I've ever made and I do regret it.

If it was a different guy, I know I wouldn't be this way. Liam is special and he is the love of my life.

I pull out my phone and start doing the most pathetic thing ever. Stalking.

We didn't unfollow each other on Instagram. Our breakup wasn't a fight, it was like a conversation so I guess we will always respect each other.

I carefully scroll through his pictures to prevent my self from liking an old one. He hasn't taken down any of my pictures or our pictures together.

I smile as I see the selfie we took on our hot air balloon date. I miss him so much.

I open my Snapchat and send a text to our girls' group chat.

Me: I want him back.

I feel so stupid. Maybe I should try seeing someone. Like a therapist who will help me get over him.

Deep down I know that he isn't the only person I miss. I miss the guys too.

I pick my phone and head to my parents' room. I see a maid cleaning so I ask her where my mum is. "In her office." She replies.

My mum is probably more of a workaholic than my dad who is an international CEO.

When I enter the office, I see her reading a book on the couch. I sigh and sit next to her.

Her eyes lit up as I start telling her about Liam and how I feel about him right now. She listens to me attentively as she holds my hand in hers.

"You don't break up with someone if you are still in love with them without a valid reason." She says as I finish.

"I had a reason. We weren't communicating and I didn't like it. It bothered me. When we completely stopped hanging out with the guys, I felt that maybe it was the right thing so I decided to end things with him." I explain.

There's something about me. I know it isn't necessarily a good thing but I hate it when I don't get things my way. It bothers me so much because I'm used to getting literally everything I want.

My mum looks at me like she's waiting for me to explain further.

"At that time, a part of me felt like I didn't need him. Things were so messed up then after what happened with Jamie so I believed they would be better if all the relationships we built because of him were over." I tell her honestly.

"Don't let negativity define your life, Amelia."

"I'm not that was why I ended something that was based on the negativity."

"Liam is a good boy. You've never been as happy as you were when you were with him. That happiness is something positive. Things like that should define your life." My mother says.