Chapter 13

Recap: "Scar! Open up!"

What the hell? I opened the window instantly.

"What are you doing here?"

"You needed me so I'm here."

"Eddie, You don't live down the street anymore. You can't just drop everything and come."

"I told you I was close by. Now tell me, what's going on?"

Was I allowed to tell him? Would he think I was crazy if I did?

Chapter 13

"Eddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you believe in the supernatural?" 

He narrowed his eyes at, trying to pinpoint what I was gettting at, "What? Like ghosts?"

God, how do I say this?  How did Kyle say this? "No, like....mythical creatures?"

His face hardened.  It was so controlled, like if he would let any emotion show the world would end.  "Mythical creatures?"  His voice had an edge to it.  I couldn't point out what it was though, and that was killing me.  I really hate when people beat around the bush, I don't mind when I do it, but when people do it with me I feel like knocking some sense into them.  I know, it sounds hypocritical but I can't help it.

"Yeah Eddie, mythical creatures.  You know, like unicorns, fairies, vampires...werewolves."  I emphasized that last one.

 "Scar, What the hell brought this all on?"  Okay, so maybe he does think I'm crazy.

"Nothing, forget it.  It's stupid anyway."  He looked almost relieved when I said that, but he still had that poker face on, so I couldn't be sure.  

I fell face first on my bed. "Arhhhh."  This stupid, stupid situation doesn't happen.  Not in real life.  What the hell!!!!  Really?  Fate chose me?  Do you have any clue how ridiculously stupid I can be, fate?  Huh, do you?  I guess not dumb ass.

"Scar?"  Eddie's voice broke me out of my internal tantrum.

I turned so that I could see him with one eye, "What?"  My voice was ruffled by the mattress.

"Did something happen?"  He asked carefully.  Picking his words so that he wouldn't open a gate to something.  Come on Eddie, what are you keeping from me?

"No."

"Scar, I kn-"

I stood up so that I was facing him now, "What about you Eddie?  What's been happening with you?  You said you were near by?"  I was trying to dodged the conversation, but I really did wanted to know these answers.  I mean, first he leaves without even saying bye, then he tells someone he loves them?  And what I really don't get is why he was near by?

"Why are you trying to turn this around to me Scar?"  He was being defensive, I knew him to well to fall for this.  

"Why are you being so defensive?"

"I'm not."