Chapter 19

We walk out to see..... Glenn and Rick running from a huge herd of walkers, "Hurry! Get in the car!" Rick yells over the moaning. Daryl and I follow orders and do as he says. Throwing our bags in the trunk, we get in the car , Daryl in drivers seat and me in the passenger seat. Rick and Glenn hop in and Daryl presses on the gas making us jerk back into our seats.We all sigh, finally sitting down, in comfortable leather seats.

"Please tell me you guys got stuff cause we got nothing." Glenn explains, leaning foward.

"Enough to last us about a month." I answer him.

"Well, on the road again." Daryl says, still eyeing the road. "Get comfy v, its onna be another long ride." He finishes, patting my shoulders. I reply with a nod and rest my head on the window, watching the trees fly by.

--------

"SHIT!" I hear, making me jolt up from my peaceful sleep. I look in front of me and see what Daryl was talking about. Shit was right.

Daryl's POV (Rare)-

We pull up onto the small back road of the Greene's farm. Pulling up into the driveway I see something I never wanted to see. The farm.... Was gone. The barn that was once filled with walkers. On fire. Walkers walking around, eating corpses. That's it. The once safe heaven..... gone.

Veronica's POV-

I couldn't believe my eyes. The farm was totally destroyed. Now we have to find the group and a new place! An ideas pops into my head.

"The highway" I say, barely above a whisper.

"What cha say?" Daryl asks.

"Remember? Before we went searching for Sophia, we left food on a car for her. And that's when we said, if we get split up, go to the highway!"

"Yer remember that?!?"

"Yeah, I remember everything! The CDC, looking for Sophia, getting shot. Everything!"

We were now on the highway, driving to our meeting spot. I had that feeling, that feeling when you know something good is going to happen. And I was right, after a good 5 minutes of driving we saw a fire on the road, and cars sorrounding it. As soon as Daryl stops the car I hop out and run to Maggie and hershal engolfing them in a hug.

Now its the hardest part, finding another safe haven.

-------

Hey guys! So its 9/11. The day where people sacrafised themselves to save other people. I am truly grateful for things people did that day. My uncle was a firefighter for New York when this happened. He got killed saving a woman he didn't even know. Over 2,700 people died that day. Over 2,700 people lost family members and friends. Over 2,700 people lost opportunities to follow their dreams. All I'm saying is thank you for being you.

-Sami