Ch. 31: Lotus Flower's Resplendent Tongue Deceives Cold Noodles

Ch31 – Lotus Flower's Resplendent Tongue Deceives Cold Noodles

Su Tang returned to the general's manor after purchasing a good size pile of items.  She was told that Song Shi An had already come home and at that moment was in the study.

It was only natural that Su Tang had no interest in seeing the face of that pan of cold noodles.  She merely had Xi Que take the pastry making materials that she had bought,  along with some clothes, cosmetic powder, and so on that she carried back to the house. In contrast, Su Tang held a pile of toys in her arms and went to Chang Xin courtyard to find Xuan Zi.

In the study, Xuan Zi was practicing calligraphy while standing at the side of the short desk. Seeing Su Tang come in, he casually glanced and merely lowered his head without acknowledging her.

Su Tang felt surprised, walked over and said, "Hey, why are you ignoring me?"

Xuan Zi still continued making brush strokes and didn't say anything.

Su Tang poked and poked his little head, saying, "What's really going on my little Xuan Zi? Why are you unhappy?  Have a look here. I bought so many good toys for you!"

Xuan Zi glanced at the toys in her hands, mouth deflated. "You don't honor what you say!"

"Huh?" Su Tang was puzzled.

Xuan Zi lifted his head and looked at her. He said in all seriousness, "You said that you'd take me with when you go out!"

Su Tang saw his tense little face was grieved and indignant again.  She finally understood; he was angry due to this offense!  She couldn't refrain from laughing (but) seeing Xuan Zi's red eyes, she again hastily continued, explaining saying, "It's like this, I saw that you were napping after lunch and therefore didn't wake you up. I also feel a stab of guilt. Look.  I bought all these good toys as an apology!"

Seeing that Xuan Zi still ignored her, Su Tang again spoke. "How about I make pastries for you this evening?"

Xuan Zi thought for a bit, yet in the end he wasn't able to resist the temptation of good food. His deflated mouth said, "Then you as well will make those little green stuffed buns for me!"

Su Tang saw that Xuan Zi wasn't angry anymore, and had a peal of delight. She hurriedly took out all sorts of toys.  Both of Xuan Zi's eyes shone as he watched. He fumbled for this, reached for that, then all of a sudden thought of something. He lifted his head and said, "Daddy's expression wasn't good when he returned in the afternoon. It seemed like he was upset."

When does cold noodles have a good expression?! In the twinkling of an eye Su Tang's heart rate jumped, could it be he was angry about her going out?

Su Tang kept thinking of this even when eating the evening meal. She was completely on tender-hooks, her eyes kept looking sideways at Song Shi An's long face. But she merely saw him engrossed in eating and didn't know what things he was pondering. She couldn't help but be somewhat uncertain.

Xuan Zi also buried his head in his meal, however he wasn't eating rice. He was fully occupied eating little green stuffed buns, and as usual, was eating what was in his bowl. He looked at the pan and saw that there was only one remaining.  Must rush in to grab it as Daddy's mouth is big, otherwise there won't be even one mouthful left.

It wasn't easy for Xuan Zi to wait until he had completely eaten the small bun in his bowl. But at the final moment when he totally finished, he watched Song Shi An extend forth the chopsticks.  The small green bun was picked up and the entire thing stuffed in the mouth....

Song Shi An expressionlessly ate the steamed bun using proper etiquette. Xuan Zi's mouth was completely deflated as he watched. Afterwards, his head silently lowered and he began to push the filling that had dropped into his bowl a moment ago, to one side....