As soon as Ara called the ambulance, she demanded answers from Sooyoung.
"You told me that she suddenly fainted after chasing you, is that really what happened? Are you telling the freaking truth?" Ara asked with a glare. Sooyoung swallowed and couldn't seem to reply.
"Sh-She did fall to the floor, but after that she started to hyperventilate and she was coughing really hard." Eunji said. Ara's eyes widened.
"If she was having trouble breathing, didn't she ask you to give her bag back?!" Ara asked.
"Y-Yeah, but Sooyoung wouldn't give it to her because she wanted (Y/N) to apologize and beg for it." Eunji replied.
"YOU TOLD HER TO DO WHAT?!" Ara roared at Sooyoung.
"ARE YOU FREAKING RETARDED?! WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE IT BACK TO HER WHEN SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT IN A GOOD STATE OF HEALTH?! WHY'D YOU EVEN THINK TO STEAL HER THINGS IN THE FIRST PLACE?! OH MY GOD, IT WAS HER INHALER, YOU DAMN IDIOT!" Ara shouted, making Sooyoung flinch.

"What the Hell is wrong with you?! If you gave her bag back, she could've used her inhaler to save herself, but oh no, she hurt your damn feelings and you couldn't accept the freaking fact that you freaking lost to her in this year-long fight you were in, so you stood there and watched as she literally suffocated on the floor instead of helping her?!" Ara exclaimed. Sooyoung and her friends only stared at the floor, unable to let out a single word. 

As Jinhwan tried his hardest to revive you, tears began to form in his eyes. Why aren't you breathing.....why aren't you awake? Jinhwan thought. I need you, (Y/N), please don't leave me. I love you, please don't leave me, I'm sorry. Jinhwan gave you another mouth-to-mouth and then checked your breathing to find that you still didn't have a pulse. The tears in his eyes fell as fear surrounded him. It was fear that he came too late and that he had lost you already. It was fear that you would no longer look at him again and listen when he told you that he loved you with all his heart. Don't die......I can't live without you, don't die..... Jinhwan thought as he started over. I'm not going to give up on you, so please don't leave me. 
"WAKE UP!" Jinhwan shouted, his voice breaking into a sob. Tears began to fall from his eyes as he helplessly whimpered in fear.

It was at that moment when your chest began to rise slowly that Jinhwan's eyes widened. Immediately, he grabbed your wrist and checked your pulse. Jinhwan's face lit up with hope. It wasn't as strong as it was supposed to be, but a pulse was there. You weren't completely gone yet.
"A-Ara.....Ara, she's breathing!" Jinhwan shouted.
"She is?!" Ara replied in surprise. Jinhwan wiped his tears quickly as he heard a siren in the distance.  When the ambulance came over, you were put on a stretcher and an oxygen mask was put over your face. You were rushed into the ambulance while the police started to investigate the incident.
"What happened here?" One of the officers asked.
"Somebody fainted!"
"A girl was beaten up!"
"I think there was something wrong with the girl who fell!"
"Alright, what really happened?" the officer asked.
"Well, that is..." Sooyoung started, but was cut off when Eunji suddenly slapped her hand against her mouth and told the officer the truth. Sooyoung and Sumin only stared at her with wide eyes as she explained everything to the officer.

Jinhwan and Ara followed you into the ambulance. Ara took out her phone and called Bobby while the paramedic hooked you onto a heart monitor and managed with your oxygen mask.
"Briefly explain what happened." the paramedic said.
"She was chasing someone because her backpack was stolen and I think she had an Asthma Attack." Jinhwan said.
"How long was she unresponsive?"
"I-I'm not sure, she was with us for a while and then disappeared somewhere, so we looked for her for about ten minutes until we found her here. I've been doing CPR on her and she finally started to breathe right before you got here."

"She's breathing, but barely. She is still in a very unstable condition, so we're rushing her to the hospital before things get worse." the paramedic replied.
"I-Is something wrong?" Jinhwan asked in concern.
"She's having trouble breathing on her own and she's still unconscious, so we'll have to get her to safety quickly before things get any worse." the paramedic explained. Jinhwan put a hand on his forehead and huffed.
"I called Bobby. He said he's coming right away. It'll take him about half an hour to get here." Ara said. Jinhwan nodded. You were quickly rushed to the hospital where you were rolled away to another area. Jinhwan and Ara followed you as the doctor rushed over.
"The patient went through an Asthma Attack, she's been unresponsive for a while until she started to breathe after performing CPR. It seems that she is still unstable and is having trouble breathing." the nurse said.
"Hook her up to an IV and get the Oxygen Machine, we'll try to-"

Everyone was then silenced when the heart monitor suddenly blew up and began to sound off an alarm. The machine was getting louder as your heart rate severely increased in speed. Jinhwan's eyes widened.
"Doctor!" the nurse said in alarm.
"Get the defibrillator." the doctor said as he signaled to the other nurses. Panic engulfed Jinhwan's chest as the tension in the situation was getting worse. The nurse quickly started to perform CPR on you again and everything was beginning to get hectic just like before.
"W-Wait, what's going on, I-I thought she was breathing!" Ara said in alarm.
"It's Cardiac Arrest, we need to get her to breathe again or things will get difficult." the doctor said quickly before the nurses came in with the crash cart. Ara covered her mouth in fear and Jinhwan felt his heart shatter. The heart monitor was getting closer and closer to flatline.

Jinhwan couldn't believe what was happening. He was getting flooded with nothing but fear and guilt as he just watched as you were dying on the hospital bed. He felt completely helpless not being able to do anything for you. His heart was pounding rapidly and tears began to well up in his eyes. The only thing he was hearing in his head now were the words that Sooyoung had spoken the day before.

"Why don't you act your age and try to protect her, then? You've obviously failed at it the last few times I confronted your girlfriend."

Jinhwan couldn't hold back his tears and helplessly broke down next to Ara as the heart monitor showed no sign of life in you. I can't do it. Jinhwan thought as he fell into a crouch with his face buried in his hands. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to protect you at all. Sooyoung still managed to do this to you and there wasn't a single time when Jinhwan was there to prevent any of it from happening. He was pathetic. He couldn't even keep his own girlfriend safe and now you were about to die because of him. It was all his fault that you were dying and still, the thought of you leaving him made him want to scream.

Ara crouched down and brought Jinhwan into a comforting hug.
"Th-They'll bring her back, Jinhwan." Ara said. Jinhwan let out another sob as Ara rubbed his back.
"Th-They won't leave her to die. Don't worry, everything will be alright, I-I promise everything will be alright, (Y/N)'s a strong person. She won't leave us and the doctors won't let her leave either." Ara said, her own voice cracking as she held back her tears. Ara could feel the guilt and sadness radiating off of Jinhwan. She wanted to tell him that this wasn't his fault, but she wouldn't be the one to be able to stop him from blaming himself. Jinhwan's sobs were silent and only came out as small chokes and coughs, but his body shook violently as he continued to cry in fear and anguish.
"I-I can't do it, Ara." Jinhwan sobbed as hot tears streamed down his face. "She's not safe around me."

Ara only looked at him sadly before hugging him again.