Obsessed (Shadow x Reader)

As soon as you woke up, you didn't even bother to wash your face or get dressed, you rushed to your PS4 and turned it on, you started playing Sonic Forces and selected Episode Shadow, again.

That was just a normal day for you, that was just your typical routine. You were obsessed with Shadow the Hedgehog and you couldn't stop playing as him: in those days you usually played Episode Shadow since you had spent the past few years playing Shadow The Hedgehog everyday.
That day, was the 49th day in a row you played Episode Shadow all over again, collecting all of the red star rings, the numbered rings and the moon rings.
Your obsession with Shadow started when you were 12 and your mom gave you Shadow the Hedgehog as a gift for the PS2: you played it everyday all day long, since you really wanted to get all of the endings and you really liked the atmosphere and Shadow as a character.
The time you spent playing Shadow was more than the time you spent with your family, your friends or at school; your soul had been captured by those ruby eyes.
Soon, you started to become darker; you started dressing with leather jackets and ripped pants, you stopped talking to everyone, you barely went to school anymore, you listened to heavy metal music and preferred studying psychological issues rather than stupid school subjects.
People thought you were just edgy, but you thought that was just society's answer to someone it can't put in a cage...

Sonic Forces had become really important to you since you started playing it.
It talked about really important themes, such as the war and the world in the hands of people who could destroy it in the blink of an eye.
It was your favourite game, you thought it truly was a masterpiece since it had everything you had always dreamed of: it was serious, somewhat dark, you could be part of the Resistance and Shadow was playable, with a cool story of his own.
Sonic sure was a hero, but you thought he was overrated and instead you preferred Shadow, who, since his own game, was neutral and he never thought he was the best, as Sonic always did.

"Ah, and the 49th time is done." you said, getting up from your seat to strecth your arms.
You went downstairs and took a cup of coffee, the day had just started but you already knew you weren't gonna do anything but playing Sonic Forces or drawing Shadow.
Everyday, your parents told you how much of a failure you were: everything you wanted to do with your life was about Shadow.
You really couldn't help it: everyday, you just wanted to see him, hear his voice, feel his presence, even if he could never physically be there with you...
You went upstairs again and closed yourself in your room: you were, as always, destroyed by the thought that Shadow could never be yours. He truly was the love of your life, you had never been obsessed by any real person and he was the only one you thought could understand you: after all, you were very similar and you were sure that he was a really deep character.

You ended up drawing Shadow all day long, and then you just went to sleep.
You dreamed of him, as you always did: that time you dreamed of getting married to Shadow, your wedding looked so perfect... there were just the two of you, nobody else was there, cause everything you wanted was a life with him and no one else. The cerimony was held in Soleanna, a beautiful city you had always wanted to visit.

You woke up in tears. 
But you had to recover fastly since it was time to finish Episode Shadow for the 50th time!
You rushed to your PS4, you heart was pounding faster than ever and your eyes were fully opened.
You started playing and, even if you could play perfectly, you got hit by some enemies, just to hear Shadow's voice, and you immediately thought 'I would love to hear you make those noises in my bed...' without being ashamed of yourself.
Before you could finish the first level, the power went out: there came a blackout.
You got mad and started trying to find a solution: but that seemed to be a blackout that hit the whole town, so all you could do was... waiting.

However, while you were about to cry, you felt a hand on your shoulder.
You turned, but nobody was there. 
Suddently, while your head was still turned, you felt a hand on your cheek.
But nobody was there.
Were you becoming crazy? What was happening!?
All of a sudden, a hand covered your eyes, you got pushed to the ground and you felt something on top of you.
"Y/N." said a familiar, deep sounding voice which immediately gave you goosebumps.
"I think it's time you finally get to know the truth." it continued.
You were scared and confused, since you couldn't even see who was talking to you.
"I know everything you've done just for the sake of seeing me... and I think it's time you finally get to see the real me."
The hand was removed and what you saw was... well, the heaven, for you.
Shadow was there, on top of you, those perfect ruby eyes were looking directly at you, with such a mesmerizing sight... that was everything you'd ever dreamed of.
You couldn't say a word... you thought you were still dreaming, but you never wanted to wake up.
"Now, Y/N. I know you perfectly since I've been observing you for as long as you've been observing me... I am fully aware of your feelings, hopes and dreams. So please..."
Shadow got up and took your hand.
"Will you marry me?"
Your heart skipped a beat: you felt like the world had stopped.
Everything you did had Shadow as the main subject, you couldn't live without him anymore but you were always in pain since you thought he could never actually be there with you... that moment was magical, perfect: you kissed your fears goodbye and replied promptly.
"Absolutely yes, my only true love..."
You both blushed like crazy, and then you finally did what you wanted to do for years: you got closer and put your arms around Shadow's neck, then your lips and Shadow's got closer and closer, just like magnets, and you kissed... that was the most beautiful moment of your life so far; his lips were so soft and you could feel all the efforts and sacrifice you put into Sonic Forces.

Days later, you finally got married and your wedding was exactly the one you saw in your dream: there was just the two of you...
You promised each other eternal love, sincerity and respect.

That day... you were reborn.

A/N: hehe well this is my dream omg "^^
hope you liked this one,... this was kinda simple but really relatable tbh owu