"Are you kidding me right now Mackenzie?" I said, my voice laced with a mixture of disappointment and anger.

"What are you referring to? Because if you're suggesting that I've just made this whole thing up as some sort of sick and twisted joke- believe me I wish I had," she said, rolling her eyes ad bringing her chipped nails into view so she could inspect them.

Same old Mack, always concerned about appearance.

"For a few seconds there- when I saw the make up — I actually thought wow this is a joke, but then again, you're not that smart, are you Mackenzie? Otherwise, you would have blended that eye shadow beneath your eye a bit more and you would have made the chips in your nail polish a bit more realistic, I mean we did go for a manicure together two days ago and unless you've got a job in the building industry, I don't think your nails would be in that bad a state."

The gleam in her eye disappeared — she knew she had been found out.

She thought that by looking like shit and presenting me with this convincing story of how hard it was for her to tell the truth, she might not lose me and thus burden me with her problem.

Who knows? Maybe she thought she might get charged or something and so decided to bring me on the act, I mean she wouldn't want to go and leave me with the possibility of hooking up with Tyler in her absence now would she?

"Khloe, I can explain-" she started to say before I cut her off.

"Save it Rivers, I'm done. I gave up so much for you — I changed myself, I became this," I said while gesturing down to the expensive clothing, "I became this fake bitch for you! I lost Tyler for you! I lost the chance of having a regular child hood with regular nice friends so that I could be your friend! I honestly don't know how you expect me to just forget about everything you just told me and be your friend. Do you want me to promise to keep your dirty little secrets? Do you want me to protect you from the people who would hate your guts if they found out? Do you want me to protect you from Lydia when she gets out of prison?" I spat at her, my face was growing hot and I could barely get the words out of my mouth. My brain was screaming at me internally to get out of the situation. To get out of her house.

To get out of the fucking country.

Never before in my life had I wished that I'd just stayed in London, a life of loneliness was better than this.

A life in general is better than what I have now.

"Khloe, listen to me I know you're mad-" again Mackenzie tried to explain.

"No, you listen to me Mackenzie. I'm done with you. I want nothing more to do with you. And as for your dirty little secrets, I suggest you just wait it out because I haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to keep them which is strange considering I should have no loyalty to you, but I guess I was always a better friend to you because god knows if the shoe was on the other foot you would have turned me over to the police before I had even confessed. I'll call or text you by the end of the week depending on how angry I am. Don't try to contact me before then or I swear to god you will regret even having been born — you probably should regret it because I know right now, I wish you weren't." With that I stormed out of her room and I was convinced that I was out of her life.

***

On the way back to my house I got this weird feeling of déjà vu.

I realised why when I was about to walk in the door.

Something similar happened when I last was in Tyler's house.

Well he didn't confess that he had tried to deform me but he did confess to liking me.

To loving me.

"Tyler," I said to no-one in particular.

The aching in my chest started and my head was pounding.

I had to see him.

And so I made the somehow familiar walk to the house I hadn't been to in a few years, which is sad considering it used to be like a second home to me.

It was then as I was standing at the door after ringing the doorbell I noticed that it was pretty dark outside and that there were no cars in the driveway.

"Please be in," I said again out loud to myself.

I know that Mackenzie was supposed to be the crazy one but thinking back I realised that I had been talking to myself a lot lately. Clearly Mackenzie was rubbing off on me, not good.

I was surprised, nervous, upset and excited all at the same time when the door finally opened by none other than Tyler himself.

"Khloe?" Tyler said, his voice showing his shock and his face showing his surprise.

"I know you hate me and I know I deserve it, but I really need someone right now and somehow I think you're the only person I can trust," I said, my words came out rushed and I was unsure if any of it even made sense to him.

With a sigh he opened the door wider, "I guess you better come in then."

***

Word count for the chapter; 1,772

a/n;
so hey, I know ive been gone for ages and im really sorry about that, its just that with starting sixth form and work ive been pretty busy bUT I HAVE MADE AN EXECUTIVE DECISION.

FROM NOW ON, I AM GOING TO AIM TO UPDATE TBYK (this book) EVERY WEEKEND.

that being said, I will try but i fear i may not keep to it and again if youre mad about my sporadic updates please know im very sorry for being bad.

ALSO, I have a request that people please leave me feedback, I know im not a great writer, and i know my spelling and grammar is definitely off in places and since im doing english literature as an a level, technically by pointing out my mistakes you are educating me and so who knows maybe you'll be the one to get me that pass grade????

think of the good karma you'd recieve?ayyyyy

ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL AND AS ALWAYS;

READ/VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE pretty please

Question of the chapter; Who is your favourite character that you've been introduced to in this story? Very curious to hear your replies!!!

p.s i did not proofread/edit cause i didnt get a chance oops sorry

Thanks
rachel // longtimegone
x