Chapter Twelve

Song of the chapter is Avcii's 'Addicted to You'

Photo is of Holland Roden who plays Annabelle (up in my weird, ginger head)

CHAPTER TWELVE

After I managed to recover from the pain that was in my hands and legs, a different kind of pain took over. The sort that makes it possible for you to hear the blood travelling around your body as it thumps in your ears. I started to shake again for the thousandth time that night.

How could he?

How could Tyler treat me like this?

How could he hurt me?

I slowly stood up which was difficult due to the jittering my body was doing. I stood up only to come face to face with the girl I definitely didn't want to see right now.

Annabelle Cross.

The red head who hated my guts.

Not that hating my guts was an unusual thing in this town.

  "What are you doing here?" she said, her voice showing her annoyance "and more importantly why were you on the ground?"

  "Ask your boyfriend," was all I said before I made the steps to walk passed her only for her to stop me.

  "Get your hands off of me!" I all but squealed at her as her talons began to dig into me due to her death grip on my arm, "those nails of yours are like weapons of mass destruction- I'm surprised you don't claw your own eyes out when you wake up," I said referring to her long and sharp manicured nails.

  "It's a pity they weren't sharper actually - well a pity for me, probably a blessing for you," she said, her hold on my arm growing tighter.

  "Annabelle, if that's a threat, you may get in line because there are people higher up the list who want to cause me pain and you will just have to wait your turn."

  "I honestly just wish someone would just kill you - you almost got hit by a car a few years ago didn't you? But my heroic boyfriend stepped in to save you, didn't he? Poor Tyler, he was heartbroken when you ditched him for Mackenzie but his life has been getting better recently, especially with me around - he told me that himself," she said, each word was like a dagger into my heart which was already in pain. I had been hurt so much that night and all I could think about was how much I deserved it for all I had done.

  "I was thinking Khloe, if someone won't just kill you, then why don't you just do it yourself? It would make everyone a lot happier; especially Ty-"

  "Don't even finish that sentence Annabelle," a voice said from nowhere.

Was everyone just hanging around outside Tyler's house tonight?

Immediately, Annabelle dropped her grip from my arm as the person came into view.

Tyler.

Here to save the day once again.

My bloody hero.

Oh wait, no I'm the only bloody one here.

  "Tyler! Hi..." Annabelle said, faking happiness.

  "What are you doing here?" he said sighing.

  "I came to see you, you said your mom was going out so I thought I'd come keep you company," she said while smiling.

  "Well you thought wrong Annabelle. I told you that I didn't want a relationship with you so why do you keep insisting that I'm your boyfriend? I don't get it. I heard what you said to Khloe and if I'm honest I'm pissed. So if I was you, I'd go home and wait for me to call you so we can sort this out. But I am not your boyfriend and I never have been so please, do me a favour and leave me alone. This - whatever this is that you're doing - is starting to get annoying and quite frankly, I haven't got the time or the energy to deal with you especially not tonight," He said, parts of his voice showing how angry he actually was.