Chapter Nine

Song of the chapter is Bebe Rexha's 'I'm Gonna Show You Crazy'

CHAPTER NINE

"I remember the day my mum and dad told me they were getting divorced so clearly. They sat me down in the dining room and explained to me that they didn't love each other anymore but that didn't mean that neither of them loved me any less. It was then that made my first mistake, I believed them. I don't know if I really understood what was going on. I had noticed them fighting a lot more recently, but they were always fighting. It was obvious to everyone that my mum was still crazily in love with my dad, I was what? Ten? I knew she loved him. I thought he loved her too. Obviously I was wrong.

"Anyway, so one day when I was in school, I remember a boy coming up to me and asking me about my parents,

'Is it true your parents are getting a divorce?' he asked.

'Yes,' was all I said in reply, I mean it wasn't that big a deal to me.

'Well my mum said that they were getting a divorce because your daddy cheated with his secretary' he said in a matter-of-factly tone.

I didn't really know what that meant so I said that he was wrong and then we started to argue and that's when Tyler jumped in to defend me. He was always so nice to everyone and he always got involved in fights. It was hard not to get a crush on him, but you already know that don't you Khloe?" Mackenzie asked me.

Bitch.

"Yeah, I guess so," was all I could say in reply. I didn't even understand why Mackenzie was telling this story; what relevance did this have to her confession that was something to do with me. This was before she even met me, how could this have anything to do with me?

"Did I mention that the boy who was throwing the accusations around was your boyfriend, Caleb? You see he always was a nasty little shit so it's not like you can be blamed for changing him. That's why you both work so well together, you are both evil inside," she continued.

"That's a bit hypocritical coming from you Mack, don't you think?" I spat back at her.

"Maybe it is, but at least I know who I am and accept it!" She shouted back at me.

"I'm not going to argue with you Mackenzie so just continue with the story before I leave you with your guilt."

I was done with her shit long before this, but she didn't need to know that.

Giving me a look that I could only describe as distaste, she continued with her "confession", bloody drama queen.

"I guess Caleb and Tyler never really liked each other before they both met you because the pair got into this ridiculous fight. Tyler managed to get a few good punches in and Caleb did too. But it was obvious Tyler would fair better, for a ten year old he was a pretty beefy guy," she said with a laugh.

"So after the teachers pried them of off each other and they got their punishment, Tyler came to see if I was okay. I can actually feel the way my little heart fluttered at the gesture! It wasn't even that big of a deal, but it was just because someone cared enough to stand up for me. Only my parents had ever done that for me before and my mum always said that a man who stood up for you was one who would look after you. I mean she said my daddy stood up for her and they ended up happily mar-" she stopped suddenly as if she realised what she was about to say.

"Well they weren't happily married but at the time it just made me like Tyler more, and so of course I was going to go home to my mum and explain everything that had happened at school so that we could both talk about this cute boy. That's what daughters do with their mothers."