Arc Two: Chapter Two

The system's form in this world ⬆

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Akira sat at a desk and appeared to have been doing paperwork. 

Akira opened his tightly shut eyes and found himself in a familiar room.

Looking around, he realized he was sitting on a desk chair. The desk itself held papers, a computer, and a few files. A small number of potted plants were kept on the edge. On either side of the desk, two black shelves were holding a few binders and other things. Next to the shelves on the right was an enormous window that opened outside. The view was just of the aquamarine sky. 

"I must be somewhere very high," Akira thought to himself. He didn’t bother to check on it because he was scared of what he might see outside.

He stood up and walked around the room. And when he was finished looking around, Akira heard Daisuke speak.

He looked around for him and noticed a smartwatch on his wrist.

"Is that you Daisuke?" he asked.

“Yes, Host. It is me. In each world, I will take on a form that will make it easier for me to assist you. Would you like to know your tasks in this world?”

 "Yes," Akira's voice said, but his facial expressions said, "Duh!" 

He turned to his side and saw his reflection from the glass window. Surprised at the new face he saw, he asked, “Is this me?” He pointed to himself and the reflection..

“Yes, Host. You are taking over this character’s life and body for this task. Same goes for the other tasks that you will be assigned to in the future.”

Akira was speechless.

 “Please read the events that took place in this world and the people, then I will release the tasks.”

 *******

Akira was currently in  Ryden Ryu's body; the head of the development team for an orphanage park construction. Ryden had assigned his team to create a danger-free and fun park for orphans. However, there were complications with the project. 

The people Ryden hired failed to do their jobs, which later led to the deaths of many children. But that was just the beginning. Later, he was framed and caught red-handed as a company spy. 

Ryden had a best friend in school. He was Manuel Hisashi, the company owner. Ryden and Manuel drifted away from when his (Ryden’s) mother died. Manuel was not aware of this and had assumed that Ryden was using him all along to get through highschool just so he wouldn't look like a loner. 

Now, Ryden Ryu worked for Manuel, because even though their friendship had fizzled, Ryden was still on good terms with Manuel's mother. 

This pungent grudge and misdirected feelings that Manuel had for Ryden manifested itself to existence when he was framed for the company's downfall and the deaths of innocent lives. 

Therefore, when Ryden was caught, Manuel made sure it was a life sentence. 

Katsuro Kiyoshi was Manuel's assistant. It was love at first sight for him. When Katsuro saw Manuel, he knew that he was the one for him. He observed, and learnt more about him. And the more he did those things, the more he became attracted to Manuel. This didn’t go unnoticed to Manuel. Eventually, they started to date. Things started to become awry when Manuel gave his undivided attention to Ryden. Katsuro couldn’t accept this and naturally used any means possible to frame and remove Ryden from Manuel's sight. All the things that happened to Ryden were his doing.

When Ryden came to know of his schemes, he plotted revenge and broke out of prison. He attempted to kill Katsuro. However, Ryden died in the process and this event paved the way for Katsuro and Manuel to get together peacefully and declare their undying love for one another.

********** 

“What a douchebag,” Akira commented after finishing reading the events. “I’d really do the same to that guy.”

“Ryden Ryu's fate was unjust and induced by the child of fate and heaven. This made it have a greater impact on the energy of this world and made it unbalanced. I have given you tasks to fix this.”

A series of words appeared on the small screen on his smartwatch. Akira took a closer look at the words and read them, which were the tasks given by Daisuke.

Tasks:

Change the fate of Ryden Ryu.

Make sure the orphanage project is completed.

Mend things with Manuel.

Ensure the survival of the orphans.

Make Katsuro meet a terrible end.

“Isn’t Katsuro the child of fate and heaven? How do you expect me to make him meet a terrible end?” he asked, trying to point out his dilemma.

“It's because of Mr. Katsuro's actions that the innocent children's lives were lost, and an innocent man was put through pain and suffering. He is not heaven or fates' favorite child.”

“That means his halo is no longer active, correct?” He asked for confirmation.

“Yes, Host.”

“That makes completing the tasks easier. At what stage of Ryden's life are we right now?”

“Currently, Katsuro, the male protagonist has become jealous of you, and feels the need to destroy you.”

“Well, that is good. It means that I can get all my tasks done since I arrived before people distrusted the original.”

“Yes, you’re right.”

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Akira almost jumped from his seat in surprise. There was another knock. This time, it sounded hurried. Akira fixed his sitting posture and then his tie.

He looked down at Daisuke and asked, “Who is it?”

“It's Mr. . . . ”

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Who do you think come to see our Mc? Tell me in the comments. Daisuke will start to call the Akira host from now on and will also be called Ryden from now on as well. See you all in my next update.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *