Run

A shower of flower petals bathed your surroundings, swirling almost hypnotically around the group before speeding up and transforming into what seemed to be a storm.

And you were all within its eye.

You held your ground despite the strength of the winds.

Despite your strength, Ban didn't have second thoughts as he wrapped a muscular arm around your waist and pulled you flush against him. Keeping your petite, at least compared to his hulking mass, form protected against the harsh winds until they died down and revealed a different location altogether.

"This is...the Capital of the Dead?" You muttered beneath your breath as you analyzed your surroundings.

Now that you thought about it, you wondered whose memories and longing of the deceased was strong enough to bring you all here...

While you were preoccupied with your musings, you didn't notice Ban's attention shifting to something or someone in the distance.

It took a split second before the pale-haired male started running and following behind him was King who finally decided to reveal himself.

"Ban...!"

You didn't have to think, because you'd already started running after them and left the others in the dust.

Blood was pounding in your ears, but you didn't give a single flying fuck as the wind whipped against your face.

The Fox Sin of Greed's figure seemed to get smaller and smaller as he got farther and farther away from you.

Panic slowly but surely rose inside your body.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

He can't leave you! Not again! Never again!

You only just got him back and yet something was already taking him away!

The hot tears that bubbled inside threatened to spill out.

But you couldn't let them out.

Not when the distance between you and Ban became greater and greater.

The only thing you should and needed to do was to run.

Something that you've been doing since the day everything you ever loved was taken away from you.