The Editor

I clicked on the link.

I looked at the story, devoid of comments. It thrilled me be the first to read, the first to edit it for every detail, to correct every verb... and those damned apostrophes! God!

Each time was like hunting for treasure... would this story be amazing or would shit be a flop? Most of what I had read on this site was okay, even if it needed a good edit. A few I'd run across were truly wonderful but there was that one that was god awful...

Sometimes, what would otherwise be a great; breathtaking story became so confusing, "I had to stop reading." Even then, I knew I was the first to be confused; it was at least some small comfort.

I read the first paragraph. An average beginning. I yawned. I'm disappointed. Okay, let's be honest. People like that; makes them better writers. This is wattpad bootcamp, after all.

-

This is a dismal first paragraph.

-

Wait. There was a missin apostrophe, too... and that word will suppose to be past tense... and that phrase was awkward. I offered what corrections I could about the mess.

-

Honestly, you should edit these things before posting:

*and said, "Let's go!"

Watch your verb tense! Even a preschooler should see these:

*We would need the tarp

*to carry the body

-

Thump, thump, thump. Someone walked across my porch. Knock, knock, knock. Someone was at my door. Damnit, I wanted to finish the critique. Fuckin go away. Thump, thump, thump. They left. I knew they would. Only the proselytizing preachers and kids selling shit knocked twice. Oh, and the Mormon teenagers on mission.

-

Break up your damned paragraph. It doesn't make sense this way, plus, readers on devices don't like long paragraphs. You know that.

-

That's a correction I hated to suggest. Damned reader's have the attention span of a gnat.

-

Watch the apostrophes. Honestly, I can't believe you miss them.

*fuckin' editor

*she doesn't know

Wait... I thought the editor was male? I'm confused... you might want to clarify this.

-

Hmm... this was turning into an 'odd story'. Something about a crappy editor person. It was kind of funny in a way. Idiot.

-

Verb tense, damnit! Pay attention to what you're doing.

*thought she knew

*went by her house

*didn't even answer

-

Wait. What?

-

Verb tense again! Sheeze. Seriously?

*her truck was out back

*didn't know

*bitch was annoying

-

I felt the hair at is rose on the back of my neck. This was hitting a little close to home.

Thump thump, thump

Ding dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

Bastards! I could tell they were never going away by the incessant ringing of the doorbell.

I opened the door. That was my first mistake.