Chapter 56📩

Bismillahi Rrahmaani Rraheem•

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu•

____________

The wind rustled around the gardens of the royal palace of Aavez, making it quite eerie in the evening light. Muntaha frowned as he bit his lips and concentrated on the father and son duo, who were conversing quietly in the chamber across their tree.. Beside him, Daarim and Taif kept the watch on the grounds. It was getting darker and the stars were slowly making an appearance on the canvas of the sky. The day of Eid had passed in the city of Aileen, with happenings that would surely affect the city.

Soon a guard came running through the door of the chamber and declared something fearfully. Yurish stood up strongly and Aavez tried to get up from the bed. Yurish pushed him back on the bed gently and shook his head at him, saying something to him. Aavez replied back in agitation. Yurish turned towards the door without answering him and began to walk away.

"Come back here Ya Yurish!" They all could hear the King's raised voice, ordering his heir.

Beside Muntaha, Taif tried to get up. Muntaha placed his hand on Taif's shoulder, stopping him. Taif turned towards him in confusion.

"Not now Taif..." Muntaha told him. "Wait."

"What if they kill the Crown Prince by then?" Taif questioned.

"Yurish can hold his own for sometime. We need to wait for some more moments before we help them." Muntaha declared.

"What's your reasoning behind the decision?" Daarim questioned him, without taking his eyes off the corridor, where some figures were now engaged in a battle.

"Aavez and Yurish need to understand that their need for us is actually much more than they have calculated." Muntaha replied and began to watch the ongoing battle with poise. His ever alert eyes followed each and every action that took place in the battle.

Their men were going to act only after Taif took the first step. And till then they were asked to wait patiently in the shadows, even though their fingers itched to grab their blades and hasten towards the raging battle.

•••••

Aavez lifted himself up with an effort and dragged himself towards the door, after grabbing his sword. He wasn't wearing any armor, nor did he have a shield on himself. His whole body ached due to the battle of that morning without any practice, since many years. His body was out of practice and his moves had gone rusty. Yet, he had to reach his heir or he might just find himself without one. If Yurish died, Aileen might just be like a board adrift in the chaotic waters of Tarab. The future would just drown for all of them. Yurish was the beacon of hope of Khaliber and he had to ensure Yurish's life even if he himself dies.

He dragged his sore self through the corridors of his palace and then turned towards the one where the sounds of the battle ensued from. The sight that met his eyes, was enough to push him to his knees. His heir was fighting with atleast three men in the black robes, while many guards laid on the floor, either killed or injured. Many guards were arriving though to fight off the danger. Aavez groaned as he stood up with difficulty and took a step towards the chaos that was spread all over.

Something whooshed past him and he stilled as he observed that men were arriving from all the directions and also through the windows, engaging the men in black. He stood where he was, gaping at the new arrivals as they proceeded to fight the assassins.

"Go back O King. You need to rest." He heard a voice behind him and turned to see Muntaha standing there along with Ismayeel. He relaxed his stiffened self the moment his eyes landed on the Ghazdanite and sighed.