Chapter 102

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Hows you all?
Won't keep u all for long.
Hope u all enjoy it...
A little celebration on your way, because We had ours yesterday. Yesterday was the answer to our prayers and it was worth the wait. Do pray for a little him✨

And as promised... Here is the next chapter-

————————

It was after maghrib that all the men and women gathered into separate groups and began the simple celebrations of Rushi and Murtaza's wedding.

In a wide open space, the men gathered around Murtaza to wish him luck and pray for his happiness. There was happiness and joyful words being exclaimed all around. Murtaza was in a white thawb and a white turban tied tightly on his head. A simple smile adorned his face along with the peace of tying himself in a halal relationship.

Zuhayr was smiling at his son and dancing happily as they sung poems that prayed for the couple's happiness. Murtaza chuckled when he saw his father.

Earlier when they had finished their meeting and exited the meeting hall, he had gone and met his mother and told her about the newest development.

"Murtaza? You wanted to get married at the earliest. Now you are talking about leaving!" Jehaan had protested. "At least you stay back! I don't want you to go anywhere before you are married to Rushi."

"Mother! This is more important right now. I need to be there with Muntaha when he faces Jaleed. I know that man better and so I will be well equipped to deal with him." Murtaza told her softly.

"But it doesn't feel good to me. You leaving before getting married that to after deciding to get married at the earliest. Its not a good thing to do." Jehaan said sadly.

"Its all His decisions. What He deem right, will happen at the right time."

"Why don't you get married now then? And then leave with your wife wherever you want to. I won't stop you then." Jehaan said. Murtza watched her in a surprised silence.

"Mother?" Murtaza stuttered. "We leave almost at dawn. Its almost maghrib now. Getting married right now? How will everything be done?"

"What needs to be done ya Waladi? Its a wedding. We already people here. The khutbah of nikaah, the meher and the waleemah can be done within some hours. Everything we need is right here." Jehaan declared. "When there can be ease in the matter of deen, why complicate it? Keep it simple Waladi..."

"Rushi..." Murtaza uttered in doubt.

"I will speak to her next and ask her for her opinion." Jehan assured him. "You go get your meher sorted and begin the preparations for the waleema..."

"As you wish Ummi..." Murtaza said and walked away from Jehaan who began walking towards the room Rushi shared with Marwah and Amiza.

She had liked Rushi from the very first day when she had seen her. She remembered thinking that she would have loved her as a daughter in law and months later, here they were, her dream right before her. She mused about Raihana's reaction if she were here to witness this new development in Murtaza's life. Raihana loved Rushi a lot. She sometimes saw her own pain reflected in Rushi.

Jehaan didn't know what Rushi had to go through but she knew it couldn't be much pleasant by the way she carried herself. She hoped she could give the child a family, stability and love and also the belief that she would never be alone from now on. Jehaan sighed as she reached the door of their chamber and was about to knock.