45

● ● ● ● ● ●

"It looks as though you're letting go. And if it's real, well, I don't want to know."

● ● ● ● ● ●

After tying up some loose ends, the Time Keeper Database set up Tyler and Josh's flight home. Hours of layovers and flight changes later... they were finally on the final stretch back to Columbus.

Watching as the sun dipped below the horizon, Tyler couldn't help but think about the last time he saw the sunset like this and how... different everything was now.

Coming here, there was fear and uncertainty... but going back home, there was nothing but emptiness and a faint sense of accomplishment.

He did it. He helped them escape.

"Doing okay, sweetheart?"

Tyler was jolted out of his thoughts by  Josh's voice. He hadn't even realized he was crying until he felt his Protector thumbing away tears from his cheeks. "Oh, I'm sorry. Guess I got caught up in the moment." He sighed. "I can't believe we're going home."

Josh took his hand. "Back home where we belong, right?"

He nodded, squeezing it a little. "What if it takes me longer than anticipated to get used to everything again? I don't... I don't want to keep you waiting on anything, Joshua."

"Hey." Josh turned his head so he could look right into Tyler's eyes. "Remember what you told me? You want to be in the right mindset. I want that for you too, Tyler. I don't care if I have to wait five more years to make love to you... My promise still stands, no matter how long it takes. Whenever you're ready, I'm ready."

Tyler felt like crying some more but he tried to keep it together. "You're so sweet to me, J."

"No, I think that's you." Josh smiled. "It's been such a long time for us. Whenever you feel like you're ready, we can start exploring again. After all, I don't want you to be in pain when it does happen."

"Oh..." Tyler said softly. His libido had all but disappeared while in Dema, but now that he was reunited with Josh... he hoped the spark would (slowly) come back to life. "Did you, um... do anything while I was gone?"

"Once. But it was more for stress relief than anything. Most of the time, I was either too exhausted or too worried about you to think about it." Josh sighed. "I barely left the house. I had to ask Fynn to find my hair dye because I was too anxious to go out."

"Are you... are you okay now?"

"Much better now that you're back by my side." Josh smiled a little before patting Tyler's knee. "I'm so proud of you, Ty."

Tyler smiled back before resting his head on Josh's shoulder. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too. Tell me, what's the first thing you want to do when we get home?"

"Sleep." Tyler chuckled. "I want to sleep and write. Watch movies, eat cereal with you and cuddle under the blankets." Eyes lulling a bit as he felt Josh's hair brushing against his skin, he smiled. "I want my galaxy pacifier and I want to feel soft again. M'tired of having to be a 'tough Bandito' all the time. I want you to take care of me for a while."

"I know. I miss my soft, shy Tyler. But I know he's still in there." Josh smiled. "You've always been independent, though."

"Force of habit I guess." Tyler looked up at Josh. "I know how to fend for myself. But I also know when to let you lead me where I need to be."

"You're a doll, Tyler."

"So are you." Tyler smiled a little before laying his head back down. "I miss Oli and Fynn already."