25

● ● ● ● ● ●

"There's nothing I want but money and time. Million dollar bills and the tick, tick, tick, tick."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Fynnley..." Tyler couldn't help giggling at the bewildered look on his friend's face. "He's not going to hurt you."

"But... he's huge!" Fynn backed away even further from Tyler as he came closer with Cheetah.

A few days had passed by since Tyler had "moved into" Josh's room and things had been relatively uneventful since then. Except, of course, Fynnley absolutely losing his mind every time he crossed paths with Cheetah (which, in a typical day at the Dun residence, was a lot).

"He's such a sweetheart, though," Tyler cooed before pressing a kiss to the cat's cheek. "He's my pet Cheetah."

"But he hissed at me earlier."

Tyler looked at Cheetah. "Is that true, baby boy? Were you being mean to Fynn?" Said cat looked back at him before meowing. He giggled a little in response. "Cheetah said he has no clue what you're talking about."

"Ha, ha, very funny." Fynn rolled his eyes a little at Tyler's antics. "Say, where's that Protector of yours?"

"Mm, I think he's on a call for work." He finally put Cheetah down, much to Fynn's relief. "It's been kind of strange waking up next to him and not feeling afraid."

Fynnley raised an eyebrow. "Afraid?"

"I was always afraid whenever I slept in the same bed as my ex-Protector. There were a few times he started choking me in my sleep; he never told me why he did it." Eyes drifting away, his voice took on a more distant tone. "I spent a lot of nights awake, just exhausted and crying, because I was too afraid to go to sleep."

A sad look came over Fynn's face. "That's awful, Tyler. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Does Josh know?"

Tyler shook his head. "No, I didn't want him to worry. It took me forever to get used to the idea of sleeping in the same bed, but... I'm trying." He sighed a little. "Every time I feel him move around, I wake up... force of habit, I guess."

Fynn nodded. "I understand, Ty, it'll get better. Just give it some time, yeah?"

"I will."

"And you know we love you, right?"

"I know." Tyler smiled. "I love you guys too. Both of you mean the world to me."

"Hey, that's what we're here for. Say, how about a pick-me-up? I'm done with all my stuff for the day, so how about we go put on a movie?"

"Will there be cuddles involved?" Tyler teased. "I'm in a cuddly mood."

Fynnley laughed. "Hey, I'm always down for cuddles, but I don't think Josh would be too happy to come in here and find me snuggled up with his Keeper."

Tyler giggled. "Yeah, probably not. Hey, you can always cuddle with Cheetah!"

"Over my dead body."

● ● ● ● ● ●

When Josh came downstairs, he found Tyler curled up on the couch underneath a blanket and Fynn sitting on the other couch, looking mildly uncomfortable as Cheetah stared at him from across the room. "Dude, you know he's not going to hurt you, right?"

"Yeah, that's what everyone keeps telling me, yet his face says otherwise!"

Josh shook his head before taking a seat next to Tyler, who was now sitting up and looking quite happy to see him. "How's my Ty-Guy doing?"