12

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Touch me someone, I'm too young to feel so numb, numb, numb, numb."

● ● ● ● ● ●

Sunday came around quickly and brought a 90% chance of rain along with it. Even at 8:00AM, it seemed more like nighttime outside with how dark and stormy it was.

Messy hair and a yawn on his lips, Josh shuffled through the kitchen as he made his usual cup of coffee. He was glad that he didn't have anything planned for today because, honestly, he just wanted to crawl back into bed and go back to sleep.

After he finished making his coffee, he took out another mug for Tyler. He had picked up his morning habit (much to his delight) and now they were going through twice as much coffee. Josh didn't mind, though; anything to see his Keeper happy.

If there was one thing Tyler deserved, it was to feel like the lovely person that he was.

Mugs in hand, Josh left the kitchen and climbed the stairs, intent on waking Tyler up with caffeine and kisses. To his delight, he walked in Tyler's room and found him still asleep. He looked almost too cute to wake up, but hey... his coffee wasn't going to drink itself.

Sitting down on the bed, Josh placed the mugs down on the bedside table before scooting closer to Tyler, heart pulling a little as he listened to his tiny snores.

Everything about Tyler was so soft that Josh wondered if an abrasive molecule even existed inside him. He pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead before moving down to his ear and whispering, "Good morning, angel."

Tyler stirred around before opening his eyes. He gave Josh a few slow blinks, his mind obviously still stuck between dreams and reality. "H-Hi," he rasped out.

Josh brushed a stray hair behind Tyler's ear and smiled. "Hey, Ty-Guy. Can I have a kiss?"

"Eww, morning breath," Tyler mumbled, giving him a sleepy smile.

"So? It's not gonna kill me." Josh attacked Tyler's neck with tiny kisses, making him squirm around and giggle. "Not having a good morning kiss from my baby boy, now that's gonna kill me."

Still giggling, Tyler took his hands out from underneath the blanket to tangle them in Josh's hair, silently memorizing his bright, curly strands. "Yeah? I'm your baby boy?"

Josh smiled. "All day, every day."

Tyler brushed his fingertips over Josh's ears, still a bit amazed he had such a wonderful Protector to call his own. "You're being so sweet to me this morning," he said, a delirious smile on his face.

"Aren't I always sweet?" Josh teased.

"You're kinda a grouch in the morning, actually," Tyler teased back.

Josh faked a hurt expression. "Ouch, my heart." Just as Tyler opened his mouth to respond, he stole a quick kiss from him. "Ha, gotcha."

"Gross." Tyler smiled before kissing him again. "I guess sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do," he said, laughing.

"Silly boy." Sitting back up, Josh grabbed their coffee mugs. "Look what I got."

Tyler's eyes lit up. "Ooh, a Protector after my own heart."

Josh laughed. "Hope it's sweet enough for you, darling."

Tyler kissed him on the cheek. "If you made it, I'm sure it is. Thank you, Josh." Sitting back against the pillows, he sighed a little. "It's so gloomy out today," he said as he looked out the rain-stained windows. "Makes me want to just go back to sleep."