Chapter Thirty-Seven

"..but I had cut off her head, I had finally set my sister free," Those words that I seemed to have heard a life time ago echo in my head as I shoot upwards, wide awake as my racing heart remembers the pain, remembers killing my sister. "Oh God!" I shout and Diane startles awake, looking around in panic.

"What's wrong? Where's the danger?" I ignore her and begin to get changed, I had to see her. "Amara, what are you doing? Why are you getting dressed, it's like six in the morning, we don't have to be up for another hour or two." I shake my head at her and continue getting ready, putting on my uniform and walking to the door.

Diane grabs my arm, stopping me from leaving. "Don't, I have to see her, I have to make sure she is okay." She looks at me confused as I try to pull out of her grip. "I have to make sure Lucinda is still alive." She looks at me with confusion but slowly releases my arm.

"Alright, if you really feel like you need to do that, make sure to be at the food hall for lunch or I'll have to come find you." I can feel her eyes burning a hole into my back as I stride away from our shared dorm room. It was really easy to find the Queens Hall, I just had to follow the opulence, there were many Aegis guarding the hallways, but when I didn't approach their hallway, they ignored me, as if I couldn't possibly be a threat, which was kind of ridiculous, I could come up behind them and I wasn't even sure if they would notice me.

Just because I looked like a weak Low Zillah, doesn't mean I would be one, in this case I was but it was stupid of them to assume as such. I look at the long number of hallways and sigh, there was no way I would be able to guess which one was my sister's. I approach a pair of Aegis and they stiffen upon my obvious approach. "I'm looking for Lucinda Smith's room." Their eyes flare wide and they look at me curiously.

"Are you her sister?" One of them asks and I nod hesitantly, unsure of why he was asking me that, they look at each other and nod before looking back at me, something was going on that I wasn't aware of.

"I can just come back later." I say, taking a slight step back, as I begin to regret coming here, this seemed very suspicious.

"No!" They both lunge forward with raised hands to stop me from leaving. "We'll lead you to her now, there is no reason to leave." With a small frown, I follow them, unsure if they should be leaving their post so willingly. I only needed one of them to show me her rooms and yet both of them came with me. One was on my right and the other was on my left, just slightly ahead of me but close enough that I felt like a prisoner being sent for execution.

They lead me to one of the furthest rooms from the beginning of the hall, this one's luxury was a whole bar above the others and that was just the outside, somehow, I just knew that this wasn't my sister's room, that this was someone else's, and these two Aegis were leading me right into a trap that I had unknowingly sprung.

The doors swing open and sitting in a love seat wearing an almost sheer night gown is the bitch Queen, who's name I don't actually know or remember. "I was waiting for you to show up begging for forgiveness." Was she stupid or something?

"Why am I not surprised that you think I am here for you, yeah no...." She looks at me with confusion, which made me smirk lightly. "Yeah, don't get me wrong that would have been the perfect line, if I was actually here for that. I mean this whole set up, five stars, I mean the sheer night gown, the loveseat, everything positioned to make me feel inferior, but it only works when it doesn't happen at six in the morning, because that means you've been preparing for this for some time and that in turn means you're actually nervous about me. Which is weird, I mean you would think that a mere Low Zillah like myself wouldn't intimidate such a powerful Queen." The Aegis look at her with confusion, either I had managed to talk circles around the dumb strong men, or they were just as curious as I was to know why the bitch Queen decided to take me as a threat.