Chapter Eleven

Diane looks at me again, I roll my eyes at her, she wasn't being conspicuous at all, no she wasn't being noticeable or anything. "What Diane? Just spit it out already, I am getting sick of all your side glances." She stops in the middle of the hallway and I almost bump into her.

"I'm just wondering what you were doing last night to have made you come into the dorm room so late. Did you meet up with a certain someone?" Her eyebrows wiggle at me, I shake my head, no she wasn't being obvious at all. But her words make me think back on the kiss last night, heat fills my cheeks in a rush, confirming her thoughts as she looks at me with shock. "So, you did meet up with him! What did you do all night?"

I huff at her attitude and turn away, trying to ignore her. "Look, there is nothing between Cade and I, alright, it was just a kiss." A sharp gasp leaves me as Diane grabs my arm and jerks me over to the side of the hallway.

"What! You were with Cade! As in don't go near me, you stupid Low Zillah, Cade? Holy Goddess, Amara! I was talking about Thearean! After all the flirting you guys did at the dinner table, I assumed there was something going on, not that you would go for the top Aegis in the entire school! Next thing you're going to tell me is that you have a thing for Hunter to?" She jokes with me but when I don't respond she draws her own conclusion. "Holy Goddess! You do! What the hell girl! Why do you have to take all the good ones for yourself? Why not leave any for us other lowly women? Wait, here's a better question, how the heck did you get those three interested in the first place? They won't even talk to Queens, why are they so interested in a lowly Zillah of your status?"

I shrugged in response, I honestly had no idea. "I don't even know, its like this pull to them, when they're not around I feel as if something is missing but when they are, its like I am finally complete." She looks at me with a scowl, as if she couldn't believe what I was telling her, I don't even know if I could believe it myself.

"Amara. You know this isn't like those stupid vampire movies or novels that humans produce right, we don't have soulmates, we don't get a pull to the other half of our souls, we fall in love and we marry, we have kids and we live out the rest of our days, just like humans. Are you sure it is not just a sex thing?" I look at her in shock, was she freaking serious! I can't believe that she brought that of all things up.

"Are you serious? My God, Diane, I think I would know the difference in being turned on and whatever this pull is to them." She raises her eyebrows as if to say really.

"Would you though? So, you don't feel any type of sexual attraction for any of them?" I sputter at her words, this was ridiculous, I couldn't believe she was forcing me to talk about this.

"Well, of course I do! Okay, yes, I feel sexually attracted to them, but that is different, I can tell the difference. Okay, you know what we're done, you are just trying to make me uncomfortable, I can tell. Besides, its not like anything can come from it, like you've said before, I am a Low Zillah and they're Aegis, well going to be Aegis, so eventually they'll get a Queen and leave me behind, the least I can do is have my fun while they're around." She grins at me, seeming a bit surprised but very amused with my thoughts.

"Well, who am I to stand in the way of true love!" I scowl at her, she was mocking the pull on-purpose, just because she could, but that didn't matter, because she didn't feel it. I do though and I know that it is just physical attraction it was something else, something I wasn't sure I had experienced before, chocolate brown eyes, shoulder length brown hair, and a beard flash in my mind at the thought, it startles me, I had forgotten all about Arrian as bad as that sounded, and his roaring red aura that seemed to lash out at mine, before, I had felt the pull to him as well, but back than I had just thought it was because of going into my mind map, a weird side effect from being in there too long.