The  sun shone bright onto the small farm. Green, soft grass billowed in the playful breeze of summer.  A little girl in a blue and white blouse with short white hair was reaching for a ball that had landed on the tall shelf inside the horses stables. She was about seven.The little girl had her eyes fixed on the red and purple ball and didn't notice the sack of grain beneath her. In the next moment, the little girl made to take a few steps forward. Instead, she knocked the sack of grain with her knee. Tiny, shiny amber seeds rolled their way across the dull brown wood of the rough stable floor.

"Oh, silly girl, what have you done now?" A tall woman in a baby blue dress patted the little girl's head with one hand, and carried a bucket of  milk in the other. She was beautiful, and well into her thirties. Her glamorous face was pulled tight into a frustrated frown, her striking blue eyes sweeping over the spilled grain.

"I-i'm sorry.... I-it won't happen again, I promise!" The little girl stammered nervously. The Woman looked down with kind eyes. 

"Don't worry about it. There is work to do and no time to be idle. We shall eat our lunch and go on about our chores. Oh! Please change the hay in Grandie's stall after your other tasks, your sister skipped it yesterday somehow. The woman walked away, her dress swishing around her ankles.

"Sure." The young girl dashed off towards a small white house at the edge of the fields, eager to eat.

"Yuki!" A slightly older version of the little girl ran up to her, leaving a black and white dog in her wake. The older girl had beautiful white-silver hair that swept down to her waist and flowed around the bodice of a dark blue skirt. The skirt was frilled around the edges and provided a nice contrast for the white blouse that made up the upper part of the outfit.

"Sora! Why did you miss Grandie's stall yesterday? Now mothers making me do it!" Despite the age difference the older cowered under her little sisters fierce glare.

"G-gomen'nasai.... We're having watermelon for dessert today!" The older girl called Sora ran into the house before any further explanation. The little girl, named Yuki stood there with arms crossed until she heard the watermelon part. They had not grown watermelon in a few years, and they were hard to come by at the market or from the street vendors. Yuki quickly followed in her sisters wake.

Four people were gathered at the table, eating off of dainty white plates. The inside of the house was scarcely furnished, consisting of only a table, four chairs, a tiny kitchen, a sofa by the fireplace, a bookshelf, and a single portrait hanging above the ash-filled fire place.

The woman sat at the side closest to the kitchen. Yuki and Sora sat on opposite sides of the table. A man, around forty, sat in his chair, the one closest to the door. The man's hair was black, though streaked with the white of age. His crisp, defined features were distressed as he read a newspaper.

"Shiro. Come with me. We need to talk." The old man spoke gruffly, gesturing to the woman.

"Of course." Shiro stood and hurried after her husband, as he was already out the door.

After a moment of surprised silence, Sora spoke up.

"Yuki..."

"Yes, one'chan?" (Sorry I don't know for sure the Japanese for older sister, I just used google translate and I know it's not always accurate so I apologize if it's wrong)

"Do you know what has all the grown ups so worked up?"

"No.... why?"

"Some of the villages surrounding us have been attacked. These men come and kill all the adults, and take the children to heaven knows where."

Dragon Mating Season+(On a Dare)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara