thirteen » forever

song: say you won't let go // james arthur

« fifteen years later // both women are 33 years old »

Taylor wakes up, it was still dawn and was greeted by her wife's sleeping face. Her arms around their daughter's.

Taylor couldn't help but smile at the sight in front of her, she couldn't believe how lucky she was.

Things haven't always been easy for her and Karlie, two years into college, they broke up. Taylor fell in love with another woman, and left Karlie.

The woman's name was Dianna, the one whom she shared her dorm with. She had blonde hair and green eyes, similar to Karlie's, but not as beautiful. She fell in love with Dianna, and fell out of love with Karlie. Long story short, Taylor broke things off with Karlie to be with Dianna, and that was the dumbest thing Taylor did.

Taylor fell in love with Dianna, but the feelings she had for her didn't last long. A few weeks into the relationship, she started missing Karlie, and soon enough, she was crying herself to sleep, painfully regretting her decision to leave Karlie.

Taylor's relationship with Dianna didn't last a year. Dianna left Taylor because Dianna knew Taylor still loved Karlie, and Dianna didn't deserve to be half-loved.

Taylor had an alcohol problem senior year of college, causing her to drop out. Harry took her under his wing, encouraged her to attend theraphy, but his efforts had no positive effect.

Karlie, on the other hand, met an amazing boy. His name is Simon and was introduced to her by Candace. The two had a healthy, loving relationship, and got engaged not long after Karlie graduated university.

Karlie encountered Taylor and Harry in a café. She went up to them and initiated small talk, they updated each other on what they're currently doing in life. A few weeks later, Karlie encountered Harry himself. They talked about Taylor, Harry told her about Taylor's alcohol problem. Karlie decided to help Taylor, not as a lover, but as a best friend.

She helped Taylor overcome her alcohol addiction, and buried feelings revealed themselves again.

Karlie broke off the engagement with Simon, she caught him cheating with another boy. Karlie knew Simon struggled with his sexuality, but that isn't an excuse for him to go sleeping around other people, or men, when he had a fiancé.

That night, Taylor and Karlie talked. Karlie confessed her feelings and how they are coming back stronger, Taylor confessed that the feelings she had for Karlie never left.

Shortly after that, Karlie was discovered by a modelling scout from Calvin Klein. She walked her first runway with Taylor in front row, clapping her hands and embarassing herself in front of professionals, but the blue-eyed girl couldn't help herself. At the same time, Taylor was discovered as a musical artist by Syco and her fame began to grow.

By age 29, both girls were at the peak of their careers, and Taylor decided to propose to Karlie.

They got married the same year and the support they got from their fans and supporters were overwhelming, both of them could not be more grateful.

Now, they're 33 years old, Karlie's taking a break modelling to carry their second child and is focusing on Kode with Klossy and Taylor is currently working on her 6th studio album, things could not have been better for them.

"You need to stop that." muttered Karlie, eyes still closed.

"Stop what?" asked Taylor.

"Staring at me when I'm asleep."

"I can't help it. You look so peaceful and beautiful."

"Thank you." blushed Karlie.

"And you aren't nagging so that's good."

"You are such an asshole!" groaned Karlie, making Taylor chuckle.

"I'm just kidding, baby." said Taylor. "We need to get up, it's 6 o'clock."

Karlie hummed before dozing off again. Taylor knew Karlie needed an hour more of sleep to function like a human being so she leaves her alone.

"Kayleigh," Taylor nudged her daughter, "Baby," called Taylor, causing the three-year old's eyes to flutter open.

"Yeah?" asked Kayleigh, followed with a yawn.

Kayleigh was a splitting image of Karlie, she inherited Karlie's brows, eyes, complexion, and face shape. The traits she received from Taylor was her hair, lips, and ears. Taylor's brother had offered to be the sperm donor, which resulted in Kayleigh inheriting traits that Taylor had from her side of the family.

"Let's make breakfast for Mommy." said Taylor, causing Kayleigh's face to light up.

"M'kay." answered she with a grin before yawning.

"C'mere, princess." said Taylor before scooping Kayleigh into her arms.

She carried her daughter down the stairs carefully, not wanting to slip on the marble stairs of their home. She took Kayleigh to the main bathroom, placing her on the countertop just beside the sink.

"Toothbwush." said Kayleigh through her tiny baby teeth, pointing to her own little red toothbrush that was placed inside a glass, along with her moms'.

"Do you know which is yours?" asked Taylor, half-smiling.

"Red one, Mama." pointed the young lady.

"Very good, darling."

Taylor took her daughter's toothbrush, putting on a tiny bit of toothpaste on the brizzles and handing it over to her daughter.

Both girls started brushing their teeth, Kayleigh messily doing so and receiving help from her mama. Soon, both girls are in the kitchen, Kayleigh sat on the counter while Taylor prepared the ingredients for their breakfast.

"What do you want for breakfast, honeybun?" asked Taylor, knowing damn well what her daughter would answer.

"Waffles! And bacon! And eggs too, Mama."

"Wow," Taylor acted to be surprised, "Could have never guessed that."

"She's gonna pick up your dry humor someday, you know that?" commented Karlie, making Taylor to turn around and face her wife.

Karlie, in all her glory, looked stunning. 6 months pregnant and dressed in an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants. Her hair, which was going back to brunette, was up in a bun and her eyes looked well-rested and was turning into a shade of blue.

"It's way too early for you to be this pretty." said Taylor, leaning up against the counter.

Karlie felt heat rise up to her cheeks. After all these years, Taylor still finds a way to make her feel seventeen again.

"Mama! Breakfast!" scolded Kayleigh, making both women laugh.

»»»»»

"I have a question."

Karlie hummed in response but not looking away from the television.

"When we were seventeen, did you know that I was the one for you? Or did you think we wouldn't last long...like we were just gonna be highschool sweethearts or something." said Taylor, making Karlie face her.

"Well...uhm."

Taylor looked at her, curious for Karlie's answer.

"At that time, I knew that we weren't gonna last deep down..." said Karlie, "But I couldn't imagine a future that isn't you."

Taylor gave her a tight-lipped smile before pulling her in for a quick kiss.

"I love you, so so so much." said Taylor looking into those green eyes that she loved so dearly.

"I know, and I love you too."

»»»»»

a/n

well thats the end i guess. thank u for all the support you gave me in this book. i appreciate it so so so soooo much. i love u guys and i hope this was a good read ehe ♡

-licore