Chapter 4 - Turning tables

Börja om från början

I shook my head and sighed loudly.

I wanted to talk to Jake.

I wanted to at least hear his voice, because for some reason, I don't miss him.

The fact that I don't miss him scares me.

"Is he angry with you?" Zayn questioned, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"I- I don't know." I stuttered. "I want to talk to him."

"So he doesn't care that you're with me at all, He just somehow started to like me?" Zayn questioned, drumming his fingers on the bench top as his eyes softened.

"Why did you hate me anyway Savir?" He then asked out of the blue.

My mouth fell slightly open and I was at a loss of words.

"I didn't hate you."

He looked down at his fingers this time and bit his lip, looking as if he was struggling with a mental puzzle.

"I don't understand." He said, sounding as if he was speaking to himself. "Why were you so mean to me then?"

"Because you were mean to me? You were so rude when I first met you."

He frowned with confusion.

"It's just who I am. I come off cold to everyone. But I'm really not. I'm just shy and I don't know how to show feelings. No one understands." He shook his head then looked at me, eyes darkening.

"And your dick of a boyfriend was an ass to me. I tried giving him a chance but I couldn't and you being his girlfriend and all, I knew I wouldn't even try to make it up to you cause he'd just somehow push me away."

Zayn paused for a second, looking for a sign on my face to stop him but I knew he wanted to say more.

"Lets just say If I was being nice to you and not to him, it'll give him the wrong idea." He nodded once and looked down at his fingers again.

"Well I apologise. I mean, we both judged each other wrong i guess because Jakes a good guy." I murmured softly.

He shook his head, half smiling in pity.

"No. He loses his temper way too fast. I've seen it. He gets jealous easily. I've seen the way he acts when you're with Liam. He's pissed off every time you hang out with us and I get the feeling he's the type of guy who would hit you if you said something wrong or done something wrong that will be no big deal at all."

My heart dropped.

I had to stop my mouth from dropping too because for some reason Zayn seemed to see right through jake.

But jake never, ever laid a hand on me.

I took a deep breath and looked at him, his eyes were piercing into mine and waiting patiently for me to reply to what he said.

"We're all entitled to our own opinions. But Jakes not like that." I mumbled.

"I don't trust him." Zayn shook his head and looked down at his fingers again.

"And I don't trust Katherine."

Zayn looked up at me, annoyance crossed his face, but just as fast he recovered himself.

"At least Katherine can control her anger in public. He makes you look like an idiot." Just as quickly he looked up at me to apologise.

I shook it away. I was use to him saying shit like that.

"You deserve better." He then adds in a mumble.

I shook my head. "I love Jake. That's all that matters."