Chapter 4 - Turning tables

17 April

7:46AM

I didn't get much sleep last night because I couldn't stop thinking about how Zayn was yesterday.

I felt odd falling asleep with him on my mind, I was in need of a coffee or maybe even alcohol.

I just couldn't get over the way he acted, the way he lost it.

I got out of bed and felt a little unsteady. I had a shower and got changed quickly, remembering to always get a towel before having a shower.

Walking into the kitchen I flicked on the jug turned the tv on and heard Zayns door shut.

I winced as I prepared for a moody Zayn who just got woken up.

I never learn, do I.

I had my back facing the door he'd come through, trying to distract myself before he gives me a lecture.

"Morning." A mumble came from behind me.

To be honest I was a little shocked he sounded genuine.

"You're up early." I replied as I turned to face him.

"We'll I can't help it since my temporarily room mate is making a lot of noise in the morning." He rubbed his eyes while walking past me and fixed himself a glass of water.

He must drink a lot of water in the morning.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's fine. Ill let you off with a warning." He locked eyes with me and half smiled, giving me that familiar stare that seems to always send strange uncomfortable chills down my spine.

"What are you doing today?" He questioned, throwing me off guard.

"I don't know to be honest."

"Why don't you just go out for the day?"

"It's no fun when you're alone." I hinted. He half smiled and looked at me again.

"Well, don't have too much fun." He joked, flashing a half hearted smile.

"I try my best." I winked and handed him my tea since I know he's going back to bed.

I still found it weird that we were acknowledging each other in a nicer way.

No venomous stares or brutally honest conversations leading us to mentally kill each other.

Just normal human being face to face talk.

Weird.

This truce thing is going to take a while for me to get use to.

But after yesterdays scene, I guess staying friends or acquaintances or whatever this is will help him breathe a little.

I watched as he sat at the breakfast bar counter and played with the fruit in the bowl.

I leant on the bench behind me an pulled my phone out.

I still haven't talked to Jake yet. Maybe I should call him.

With that though in my my mind, I dialled his number and pressed the phone against my ear.

The dial tone echoed repetitively as I caught eye contact with Zayn.

"Hey it's jake. Ahh leave a message and I'll get back to ya."

I hung up the phone and sighed loudly.

"Still haven't talked to him?" Zayn quizzed quietly.

It almost sounded as if he was talking to himself.