Chapter 1 - Strange Circumstances.

CHAPTER 1

3:12 PM

12 April

I didn't feel welcome as soon as I stepped foot out of my vehicle.

After receiving a worried call from Liam, I had to see him. This wasn't a choice either- It was a demand.

"Please Maddie." Liam begged.

I rolled my eyes.

"But he hates me."

"No. He doesn't, he's just-" He pauses and finally comes to the conslusion that I'm right. There's no sugar coating the truth sweetie. "Okay maybe just a smidge. He's not answering any of my calls, so please just check up on him."

I sigh, exaggerating my annoyance. "Sure. But you owe me."

"Thanks, love. Talk to you later okay?"

I nod as if he could see me. "Okay. By Li."

Bracing myself up for the worse, I make my way towards the door step and look up at the building before me.

His flat looked like it hadn't been alive in a few weeks. Last time I was here; was for his 21st which was 3 months ago. He kicked me out because he thought I was making a move on his friend Anthony- sure I was.

I'm 100% sure Anthony was making a move on me but apparently not in his eyes.

From the looks of the black bentley outside, I'm guessing Zayn is here.

Zayn and I don't share the most fond friendship- and it is definitely not because of the whole Anthony incident either.

Every conversation we attempt to have, we seem to end up conflicting and bound to end up in an argument. As time grew on, we learnt not to talk or even confront each other. Him being so quiet and reserved and me being so loud and proud, we didn't get along.

We were two complete oppisites who despised each other because of it.

The only problem we have is the fact that we're both good friends with Liam. We do attempt to at least keep our cool- just around Liam of course.

But it still doesn't end up pretty if you ask me.

Liam and I have been friends since preschool. We use to live next door to each other when we were younger as well.

Call it cliche or stupid, But I really have been through everything with Liam.

First day of school and first day of xfactor. After all these years I am positively sure that Liam knows Zayn and I are going to be arguing by the end of the day.

That's when Zayn is in a good mood of course.

If he's in a bad mood, he'll just tell me to Piss off.

Lucky me.

Sighing to myself, I knocked on the door quietly only to be left with no reply. I waited patiently after a second knock, but I'm still left with no reply.

I twisted the door knob- Locked.

I rolled my eyes and began knocking again.

"Zayn? Are you in there?" I called, proceeding to knock loudly.

I rolled my eyes, letting out a sigh.

"I don't want to be here." I mumbled to myself as I looked up at his dark house.

After several attempts I pulled out my phone and looked for Liam's number.

"Hey." I heard a weak and hoarse whisper coming from the door.