Chapter 22 - United we stand Pt. 1

Mulai dari awal

Exactly! Attacking him! Squealing like a frightened school girl, you jump out of Mikasa's assault numerous

times. She looks so fucking dangerous when she gets serious about something. And when this wasn't serious, then they can shave your head, depilate your legs and use your body as a surfing board. When Mikasa finally checked that this isn't the right way to teach you some skills, she changed her way, much to your delight. The loud laughs from Erwin are damn annoying. Not to mention Levis suppressed grin. As if you wouldn't notice how he turns away to cover how he's laughing in his hand. Poking your shoulder to gain your attention, Mikasa leans close to your ear

"What have you done to my cousin? I've never seen him so open minded like this ever before. Not even on Halloween when he could scare the brats away from his apartment."

"Seriously Mikasa...I have no idea. I was just....myself the last days." You shrugged, but you know very well what happened to make him change like that.

"Well, whatever you're doing, keep going! Its only good for him."

She pats your shoulder for further encouragement before she finally talks on your level about attacking, first explaining the handles and trying them out in slow motion before putting them into business. That's way easier to learn! And after a few successful moves and attacks, the stupid laughter from Erwin ceased in a matter of seconds, only to be replaced by claps and whistles. Levi was leaning against the wall, like the cool and calm dude he is, to watch your improvement with a satisfied smile. What actually started as Erwin's training session, was completely taken over by Mikasa in the end, but he doesn't mind, it seems. And she's a real expert in fighting. Well.....her muscles won't appear on their own after all.

At some point, the sparring fight with Mikasa even starts to get funny. Never could you imagine that real fighting, with a real person could be so entertaining. And after a few hours and lots of bruises later, you eventually placed such a good leg on her, that she flew to the ground with a loud thud and with cat-like reflexes, you jumped on top of her, pinning her down with all of your body as you took hold of her wrists with an iron grip. Mikasa put up a hard struggle to get up again, but both of you were so damn exhausted, that neither of you had enough strength to keep up any longer. Powerless, you rolled down from her after she announced her defeat. With the last bit of strength left, you raised your fist in the air for victory, but the numb limb slumped onto the floor of the fighting ring, your chest hovering up and down, trying desperately to fill your lungs with air.

"That......was a.....good one.....Nina...." Mikasa managed to speak between heavy breaths.

"Thanks.....same for you."

The reply was short, but this was the best you could bring up. Looking aside to the large clock on the wall, the time says 7 pm. Shit...you really spent the whole day at the gym. No regrets... But now you finally feel the deep, black pit in your stomach, how it's commanding for getting stuffed with loud, growling noises. Your limbs are sore, and you have absolutely no problem to lay here for the rest of the night, but it seems Levi has different plans.

"Oi brat! Get the fuck up from there and get a shower. I can smell you from over here and I refuse to take you home with that stench on you!"

You stick your tongue out at him, making a very childish farting sound, telling Levi that he can kiss you where the sun never shines.

"Yeah. That's very grown up, brat. Now get a move on! I'm going ahead."

You want to argue back, but it's too late since he's already leaving through the double-sided door, in a way faster speed than usual. He can pretend as long as he wants, but you know how he works by now. Keeping up the facade at any costs. It surely was a hard and exhausting path to build up the notoriety as the hard, stoic and always pissed guy you better stay away from at any costs. While Mikasa has no problems to get on her feet again, you struggle hard to do the same, but you only manage it to roll on your stomach, and on your back again, until you reached the edge of the fighting ring. Erwin chuckles and laughs the whole time at your performance and made his way around the ring, coming to a halt to look down at you.