Chapter 29: Unexpected surprise Pt. 3

The three last weeks took their toll on me. Not that I almost overslept on my first day of work, I also forgot my spare key for my office at home, so I had to drive back to get it. In the end, I arrived for my job just in time.

I was just glad that I didn't have to learn everything from scratch. Three weeks might not sound special or that long, but if you spent so much time doing nothing that includes your job or getting bombed with tons of stress and annoying people, it's a miracle if anything from your learned stuff is still stuck in your head.

Seems like luck was on my side here.

Sure, not everything worked perfectly on my first day, but my boss was tolerant of me and my co-workers. He even clinked glassed with us during the lunch break, where he welcomed everyone back and wished us a wonderful rest of this year and that we should enjoy the Christmas season, which was about to start in very, very soon. Damn this is way too fast for me. It's always the same.

Where has the year gone, by the way? It went by so fucking fast, it seems I'm missing a month or two.

Anyways...I was glad that normality had me back again. Sort off. I had to remind myself several times not to waste every single thought about the happening in two weeks or Erwin. I can't help it, but I still feel torn. Even though I had a hot night with Levi, without any physical contact, I can't suppress the longing I feel for the blonde.

It's annoying, frustrating and irritating...but so exciting and thrilling on the other hand.

Either way, I can't avoid him forever, and part of me, a very big part, to be honest, is already looking forward to Wednesday. It felt good to be in the flow again, that work went smoothly and so. We had lots of stuff to do so close before Christmas and the new year. All sorts of requests and papers fly in and each one demands another thing. It's tiring, but I was thankful for the distraction.

The first day was so busy, that I had to skip my lunch break to finish a stack of papers my boss wanted to have finished that evening, and by the time the day finally ended, I was starving!

Good thing: I wasn't the only one. So I and my co-workers decided to go out for dinner and went to the nearby Chinese restaurant, where we went completely crazy on the rich buffet.

It became late that night, and I even got convinced to drink a glass of the delicious sweet plum liqueur every Chinese has on their menu.

With our bellies full and the mood in full swing, my mobile that I had laying next to my drink began to buzz with an incoming message. As I looked at the sender, I saw it was Erwin. Without warning my face heated and I couldn't keep the smile from pulling itself across my lips.

It was written all over my face that my heart was jumping from happiness since my co-workers instantly jumped on it to squeeze some answers out of me from whom I got the message.

Yep...I haven't told anyone of them yet that I'm in a relationship. Unlike most people, I don't consider my co-workers as my friends. I only meet them at work and sometimes go out with them for dinner, just like now, or for our yearly Christmas party for the whole staff. Nothing serious in my opinion, but now that they all demanded to know who wrote and they won't stop to ask, I looked for a picture of Erwin in my folder. It fits that I decided for a selfie Erwin had taken weeks ago when we were working out together, him sitting behind me on the weight bench, one arm wrapped around my waist and belly and holding the phone in front of us with the other, his cheek tightly cuddled against mine while I held the 33lb barbels in my hands, we both grinning like shit.

Useless to say that all my co-workers went crazy. Lots of aawww's made their round and announcements of how handsome my boyfriend is. This time, I didn't say anything against it. I never really mind if someone thought Erwin was my boyfriend anyway, but to hear it now sent a warmth down my back right into my heart and belly, that I thought I would melt on the spot.