Chapter 10: The unwanted job

Author's POV

Two weeks after the accident..

Kim Moon Ryung managed to pay a visit to Kang's villa as he wanted to see the girl that saved his life. He went there with his secretary,Mr. Gim as he promised Jae Hoon that no one should know about Rae Na.

Jae Hoon welcomed him happily and chatted in a guest hall.

Then, Rae Na went in as she has been called upon by her grandpa.

They were looking at Rae Na as Rae Na recognized the grandpa that she saved at the accident.

"You are the grandpa in the accident,am I right??"asked Rae Na excitedly.

Moon Ryung nodded and smiled. He had to admit that Rae Na was a well brought up girl with a bright personality. It was maybe she got too pampered that she became a little snobbish to others. He started to like the girl already,since she saved his life and Myungsoo's mom.

"Yes I am. My name is Kim Moon Ryung. You can call me grandpa Kim if you like. Thank you for saving my life and my daughter in law.."said Moon Ryung.

Rae Na bowed to him as she said her greeting. Then,she said " It's nothing,grandpa Kim..actually,I was looking for you after the accident. Then,I realized about you through the news..but I didn't know you two are friends.."said Rae Na.

"We are already friends since childhood.."explained Jae Hoon. Rae Na nodded said again,"If that's the case,you are welcome here anytime,grandpa Kim. I am so happy to meet you.."said Rae Na happily.

Jae Hoon and Moon Ryung exchanged glances and then turned to Rae Na. "Actually,Rae Na..grandpa has something to tell you.."Jae Hoon started to tell her his plan.

Rae Na looked puzzled. Then,he continued. "I still want to give you punishment about what you have done a few weeks ago.."

Rae Na's POV

Oh my God!!! Please don't send me to any deserted country..please,please,please..my heart was beating so fast as grandpa said those words..

"...and I decided to send you to grandpa Kim's house.."

Oh,thank god..grandpa Kim looked nice though. I like him so much..

"...as the new maid of his house.."

"WHAT???!!!" My jaw dropped. Can't believe what grandpa had just said to me. A maid??

Even grandpa Kim looked surprise.

"Jae Hoon,are you sure about this??"asked grandpa Kim. Grandpa looked at him and nodded. Grandpa seemed so determined this time.

"You mean that I have to wear all those maid clothes and actually work there as one?"I asked again, tried to cope with his words. I could not believe this situation.

"Listen Rae Na. This is for your sake. I want you to learn to be humble even though you have everything. Now,grandpa Kim will take you there. You have to keep it secret. Don't even let them know who you are. Otherwise, I have to send you to any deserted country.."

I rolled my eyes again. I was so mad at that time. Grandpa always did everything without seeking my permission.

I tried to calm myself. Relax,Rae Na. You can do this. How hard was it to be a maid? Grandpa Kim knew me already. He would not let me do all those dirty thing,wouldn't he?

"For how long?"I asked. Please, let it be for a short while. A week or two would be fine.

But grandpa just gave me a smirk and said," For six months.."

"WHAT?!!!" I cried.

"That's not it. You will have your own money to do everything. I won't give you anything."

My mouth was gaped open,could not digest everything right now.

"What about school?I need to buy my school stuff,uniforms..how am I going to pay those?". Certainly grandpa would not let me have nothing in my pocket.

"That you need to discuss with grandpa Kim..as he is your employer right now. I don't know..maybe ask him to cut off you salary to buy your uniforms and stuff.."said grandpa.

"Grandpa,you can't do this to me..I'm your granddaughter.."I begged him.

"It's because you are my granddaughter,I have to do this. Now,start packing right now and go with grandpa Kim."

"I hate you grandpa!!!This is so unfair!!! You are so hateful!!" I went out furiously.

Authors's POV

"Tae Yong sshi,I want you to keep an eye on her but make sure no one knows about her identity. Understand?"ordered Jae Hoon to him. Tae Yong nodded and excused himself to prepare Rae Na's things.

"Are you sure about this?Rae Na is your granddaughter,Jae Hoon. Surely you don't have the heart to let her do those heavy work.."Moon Ryung tried to persuade his friend.

Jae Hook shook his head and said,"This is the only way,it will be hard for the first time. But Rae Na is a smart girl. She will go through this. Take a good care of her,will you?"asked Jae Hoon.

"I will,my friend. I will protect her.."answered him. Then,Moon Ryung went to Rae Na's room to comfort her.

Rae Na's POV

I cried so hard that my heart could explode from anger. How could grandpa do this to me? What am I going to do??I never felt lack of money before. Am I going to be a poor girl in that house??How am I going to school?? A lot of question popped up in my mind.

Then,I heard someone was knocking the door. My maid opened the door. It was grandpa Kim. I cried again when I saw him. Grandpa Kim just smiled and patted my head.

"It's okay,Rae Na. Grandpa Kim will take care of you. But you have to do all the maid's work. I can't help you with that. Otherwise,your grandpa will be mad. Don't worry. You will be my favourite maid in that house. My family will love to meet a girl like you."grandpa Kim reassured me with his gentle words. I felt at eased with him. Then, I started to pack things. This was going to be a nightmare for me.

Well,it did.