At last; it was on Monday morning where Jeongguk dreaded to go to work because first, it was because of that bitchy Monday blues, and second, because he had to go somewhere to shoot a short film for a campaign. He was perfectly fine when he went to bed the night before but once he woke up, he felt as if a large block just fell on top of his head.

Despite his blurry vision and pounding head, Jeongguk remembered how whiny he was on that morning that Jaehwa eventually stopped assuring him with sweet encouraging words, her gentle pecks on the tip of his nose dramatically changed into a death glare when Jeongguk didn't show any effort to get off his bum. With a heavy sigh and weak knees, he shuffled towards their shared bedroom, heart swelling in an explicable way upon the sight of Hyun who just woke up. Those droopy eyes and swollen face stared back at Jeongguk with an almost blank stare before he let out a big yawn.

Jeongguk was about to step away from the bedroom when he heard a faint daddy. Sounded more like a mumble as Hyun buried his face into the pillow before he looked up at his father again. Jeongguk had to blink hard and stare at Hyun for what seemed like an eternity, but when he saw the little boy opened his mouth and muttered daddy right before his eyes, Jeongguk almost forgot that he would be late if he didn't leave the apartment soon. Forget his ironed button up shirt, forget his perfectly brushed hair, forget Jaehwa who's yelling from the kitchen reminding him that it's already half past eight. Jeongguk couldn't conceal his excitement, for him to jump onto the bed and pester Hyun with kisses before chanting "say it again!".

Jeongguk was never a good cook—he's far from it, even—but he made sure the outcome was edible. Presentation was put aside at this rate, and Hyun could never judge him until he's big enough to tell what good foods look like. So when Jaehwa was away like this, Jeongguk would always end up making simple porridge mixed with a veggie blend. Hoseok once dropped by to return Jeongguk's memory card but as soon as the loud friend saw a shirtless Jeongguk with an apron on, that guy instantly bursted into laughter, praising how Jeongguk had the look of a father.

So Jeongguk thought that was enough. He didn't have to be a perfect father. Being a guy who looked like a perfect father was already an accomplishment for him.

"Daddy." Jeongguk was busy peeking at the television in the living room (it's currently showing his childhood anime so he somehow felt nostalgic and couldn't take his eyes off the screen) when Hyun smacked his forearm, annoyed when Jeongguk remained froze with little plastic spoon hanging in the air. The look of disappointment on Hyun's face changed into a wide grin when Jeongguk scoop a small about of porridge, feeding the boy carefully after wiping the slobber off Hyun's face.

"Hyun." Jeongguk started, felt like killing the silence as he waited the boy to swallow his food. "Does it taste good?"

Hyun swallowed hard and nodded hastily before reaching for his sippy cup. Jeongguk was slightly disappointed that Hyun's reaction didn't look assuring but he ended up brushing it off.

"Do you want to go somewhere? With Uncle Hoseok?"

"Uncle Hoseok?" A frown formed on Hyun's face.

"The one who came often. Since mommy is busy with her assignments, and since I don't want you to create any mess and make me clean the house, let's go out, hmm?" Jeongguk brushed Hyun's silky fringe off his face, arching both his eyebrows until the little boy squealed a high pitch okay.

__________

The evening sky was painted with hues of grey, replacing the orange tint in no matter of time. It's such a relief it started raining after they got on few rides so the money spent on the amusement park outing didn't become a waste. Jeongguk was left with Hyun while Hoseok ran in hail to get the car so there he was, sitting with Hyun on his lap as they avoided the droplets coming from the sky. Jeongguk pulled the boy closer to his torso, pressing his small frame against his body.