Bring It On, Life Chapter 1

My name is Loreen Taylor. I'm seventeen and a senior in high school. And my life has just taken a terrible turn. My best friend hates me. her name is Courtney VanLanderwil. Deep down I had known our friendship wouldn't last. But on the surface, I believed maybe I would be the friend to break the trend. See, Courtney never had a best friend more then six months. At the end of the run, she always brutally beat them away. Just like me. I know this from her best friend before me. We were already pretty good friends by that time. I witnessed her degrade the poor girl. Insults, accusations, and spreading viscious rumors. At the time I believed everything she said about the girl. But now that its happening to me, who knows. All I know is that she ripped my heart to shreds. Now that the basics are said, I think I will start from the begining.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I walked down the hall, shoving the freshmen out of my way. They were like little bouncy balls. Boing. There went one. Boing. There went another. this was kinda fun. I was on my way to the tennis courts. Courtney and I were the boys tennis team managers. Not that we did much. Besides fetch water. Yippee. I only did it to spend more time with Court. I never got to see her. She was always with Thomas, her boyfriend. I had helped them get together. We went bowling once and I invited him along. They both liked each other. I knew they did. Niether of them would take the first step. I really regret helping them now. She is always blowing me off for him. I ask her to hangout with me after school and she always tells me 'Oh I'm going home.' and I hear later she actually went to Thomas's house for a couple hours.

"Loreen!" the call pulled me out of my thoughts. I had arrived att he tennis courts and now Courtney was running towards me. Her perfect golden curls bounced as she ran. She was a tall, gorgeous, blonde.The kind everyone wants to be. She hugged me and we finished the walk to the miniture bleachers together. I threw my bag down and turned to her.

"So whats our first task today?" I asked.

"Organize supplies." she said with a apologetic look. I shrugged and started going through the big pile next to the bleachers.

"So are we going to the practice in the practice rooms when we are done?" I asked. I'm a singer. I try to practice everyday and Courtney helps me. She drew her eyebrows together.

"I can't... Thomas and I are going to do stuff after school." she said without looking at me. I stopped what I was doing and stared at her.

"But you promised me. You said everyday this week you would go in and help me." i said, a little angry. This wasn't the first time she had done this.

"Well other things came up." she used that same pathetic excuse the other day.

"Yeah? Like what? Making out with you boyfriend is more important then your bestfriend? Thanks you." I threw the raquet I had been holding back into the pile. My bag was in my hand and I was moving before Courtney had even comprehended my sentence. She had never been the smart one with us.

"Wait! Loreen! Where are you going? We aren't done." she said. I turned to glare at her.

"Do it yourself." and with that I was gone.