Bring It On, Life Chapter 6

I stood on the diving board in my green bikini. It matched my eyes. I stared at the 20 feet deep water. Ryder was standing with his feet in the water in borrowed swim trunks, watching me. I took a couple steps back before doing a half jump to the edge of the board giving me the right amount of bounce. As the board started the bounce I jumped again, this time harder and off the board. I arched my body into a graceful dive. I slid into the water with barely a splash. I came up to the sound of applause.

"Wow. Loreen, that was amazing. Why aren't you on the swim team?" Ryder asked. I swam over to him.

"Eh. Team sports aren't really my thing. I like kickboxing and other martial arts. Solo stuff with lots of cardio violence." I smirked. I sized him up. "I could probably take you in a fight." I said. He gave me a disbelieving look.

"No way. I'm like ten times stronger. And I fight at school all the time. I'm almost always the winner." I shook my head at his words.

"I guess this is a challenge. For another day." I said with a smile.He nodded. Then with a quick move  I grabbed his arm and yanked him down into the water next to me, he yelped in suprise and made a big splash. I started laughing. Hard. He glared.

"You should have seen your face. Epic win to Loreen." I said proudly, mentally patting myself on the back. While I was distracted with my mental back I didn't notice Ryder creep closer. I screamed as I was suddenly flipped into the air, over his shoulder and into the water. Now it was his turn to laugh.

"You scream like a girl." He said between chuckles. I hit him.

"I AM a girl!" I said. I turned and swam away.

"You hit like a man." I thought I heard him mumbled. I treaded water and turned to look for him.  He was gone. I turned in circles, scanning the water. Just then a giant explosion of water erupted next to me. I screamed again. Damn this boy. He cannon balled right next to me. I swam away angrily. I know I'm being childish. But I don't care. I climbed out and grabbed a soft towle. Ryder swam too the edge of the pool and looked up at me as I sat on chair.

"So, Loreen. How many people know you oh so rich?" He asked.

"Five, you, Scotty, Jojo, Courtney, and another person." I refused to say his name.

"How come so few people know?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Just don't want it to get around that Loreen has lots of mullah. People may become my friend to use me. Only the people I know value me for me are the people I tell." I stated bluntly. He nodded.

"Who is this other person who knows?" he asked. I frowned.

"Whats with all the questions?" I answered. He just stared, waiting.

I sighed. "My ex, Tyler." I said quietly. He didn't speak for awhile. I thought he was done.

"This must have been before I met you." He said. I nodded.

"About two months before I met you is when it ended." I said.

"How did it end?" he asked.

"You're nosy. I broke up with him. Thats all I will answer on this subject." I said with a hard glare. He nodded again.

"So I noticed we have been here for a couple hours and I still haven't seen your parents. Where are they?" he asked.

"Some country somewhere. I don't remember. Mother will be back in about two weeks. Father will be back in a month. he was just here last week." I said. Ryder stared at me in shock.

"They just leave you alone? How long do they stay when they come back?" he said, appalled.

"Yes and they usually stay one day to three days.'" I didn't get why this was a big deal to him. It had been like this my whole life. He shook his head.