chapter 19

its only been a couple weeks, and its been getting harder and harder. we're leaving in 3 weeks to go back to l.a to perform at the house of blues, so i'll try and get a hold of her.

today the guys took me on a boat. a boat.  doesn't seem fun but it sure as hell gets your mind off things.

the captain was nice. this was an old type of boats. the kinds that have names on them. but this one was nameless.

"welcome! i would usually introduce myself and the name of the boat, but this boat doesn't have a name. so i'm frank, and this is nameless nancy as we call her. but, you could always change her name. any ideas?"

"we'll tell you before we leave."

"okay. lets go."

we went boating around. it was okay. i probably didn't think about clementine for about 10 minutes and that was when we were passing the dead fish area. smelled like shit.

we docked at a place and got cheese steaks. yes, cheese steaks. they're the best.

i devoured mine in minutes. luke being the sassy person he is, took about half an hour to eat his.

we waited half an hour to get the food down our stomachs, or else we'd get sea sick from the rocking.

we went around more times, the captain telling us all about these places we docked at.

before we left the captain asked us the same question as when we got here.

"so, did you think of any names for the boat?"

"urm..."

we all looked at each other and the captain could see the looks on our clueless faces.

"here's some help. think of a name you love. a name you would name something you love, the most beautiful name you've ever heard."

and they all looked at me. it was obvious what i was gonna say.

"clementine."

"oh that's nice! the clementine."

"yeah, it's beautiful ain't it?"

"definitely."

and later that day the captain sent us a picture of a refreshly new painted "the clementine" right on the side of the boat.

(forrest gump reference hehe)

-

i couldn't sleep. i tossed and turned. i wanted to talk to clementine. well, there is a time-zone.

its 2:45 a.m. here, and 9:45 a.m. over there.

i'm calling her.

calling clemenshine :-) <3

"hello?"

"clementine?"

"hey calum."

"how's san jose?"

"fine. really boring."

"yeah, i know."

"its 2:45 in the morning over there, what are you doing up?"

"i couldn't sleep."

"so why'd you call me haha?"

"i don't know. i missed you?"

"missed you too. guess what we did yesterday?"

"what?"

"we went to great america! it's an amusement park here in the bay area. it's awesome. we went on almost all the rides."

"*sigh* wish i could be there with you."

"yeahhh. what'd you do?"

"we went on a boat."

"really? was it fun?"

"not really. we got to name the boat."

"cool. what'd you name it?"

i paused for a moment. should i tell her? or not? gonna go with not.

"uh, ketchup. we named the boat ketchup."

"like your plastic dog?"

"yeah haha. like him."

"well i'm glad you had fun. gotta go cal. talk to you soon?"

"of course."

"bye."

and the end call tone rang.

"i still love you."

but she couldn't respond because she hung up on me. :-(

well, i'll see her in a couple of weeks at the house of blues. but, until then, depressed calum.

(a/n: okay, so i'm only going to make this book 30 chapters long and i have alot of ideas for the last couple of chapter, bare with me now. i apologize if some chapters are short as shit like this one. but yeah.)