chapter 16

this is the day i've been dreading for the past month. its my last day here, and i haven't seen clementine in 3 days. i would've expected she would've been here the most time, but she hasn't called me since yesterday. shit.

9 a.m, we're packing. our flight leaves tonight, and all i wanna do is see my best friend for one last time. sigh.

"calum why are you so bummed? we're going on tour again!"

"clementine hasn't talked to me since yesterday."

"its okay mate. she'll probably stop around later today."

"i don't want her to stop by later. i want her to come over now so we have the rest of the day to spend together."

"well then you go get her."

"you sure?"

"do it. we'll go with you."

"alright."

we took a break from packing and drove to clementine's house. we're not going through the front door, we're going through her window.

we climb up the tree and bang on the window. she has her shades open, and we can see in her room.

she's fixing her bed and walks over to the window.

"yes?"

"let us in."

"you're lucky my parents aren't here. only haley and she's downstairs eating her heart out."

she opened the window wide and we climbed inside her room. it smelled like cherry blossoms. we look around and she has our posters all over her closet door.

"nice posters."

"yeah, i don't even know why i like this idiots."

"well this idiots love you."

we get a closer look of her. her eyes are puffy, red, all the symptoms of when someone cries themselves to sleep. oh god.

"nice puffy eyes."

"shut up. what are you guys doing here?"

"don't you know?"

"of course i do. shouldn't you guys be packing and having some fun?"

"we can't have fun if you're not there."

"didn't wanna ruin your vibe with my crying."

she then broke down and lied on her bed face forward. we all looked at each other and looked at luke. we pointed at her and he walked over and tapped on her shoulder.

"what?"

"it-its okay clem."

"you guys are going on tour, just go have fun. lets say our goodbyes now."

"we can't. then we won't be happy."

"then don't say bye at all. just leave."

"clem-"

"see you guys in 5 months."

and she pushed us out her bedroom door. the second she did that we heard really loud crying. its like when a little girl gets her heartbroken for the first time. she's never cried this hard before.

we left her front door leaving haley confused at how we got in.

we went back home and just sat in the living room.

"i'm not happy."

"neither am i."

"why doesn't she come with us?"