The Game of Love

Metin is absolutely knackered. He wishes he would've stayed in Greece with Can but someone had to hold the fort down while his brother worked on getting his shit together. Besides, there was no way he could stay away from his love for that long. As it is, he's itching to hold her in his arms.

Speaking of his love, he can hear her yelling through the closed door. He's a little afraid of what he's going to find on the other side. He also wonders how much coffee his girl had consumed today. Even though she has her own keys to his house, it still surprises him sometimes that she's there when he comes home from work. They've come so far.

Metin opened the front door cautiously and quietly headed towards her angry voice. He had to stifle his laugh. His sweetheart really has no idea how to prepare anything, let alone cook but he loves her thoughtfulness all the same.

By Allah, he's head over heels in love with her. Even in her neurotic state, he can't help but worship the ground she walks on. It warms his heart to know that despite her past misgivings about relationships, she is willing to step out of her comfort zone. She pushed through her own fears and boundaries, all because she fell in love with him.

Who would've thought that four years ago, his life would radically change. His insistence on helping Sanem would ultimately lead him back to Fikri Harika. His lifelong friendship with Can Divit gave him the opportunity to admire the woman of his dreams more intimately. Metin owes his life and happiness to Can which is why he will walk through the gates of Hell to help his brother achieve his happily ever after. He'll do it all for the woman standing in his wrecked kitchen.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Ever since he dragged his brother's stubborn ass back to Istanbul, Metin has been swamped with work. With Emre and Sanem gone, the workload has been astronomical. Everyone went above and beyond their job descriptions. He even took care of the business side of things. It's a lot more work than he's accustomed to but Metin doesn't even care about that. He only cares about his brother's current state.

Metin watched the man next in front of him. He looks like a walking corpse. Everything about Can screams heartbroken. There is nothing left of the Can he grew up with. His entire demeanor has changed and it is now bleeding into his professional life.

Can Divit can barely function since he found that Sanem had left him. The man basically lost the will to live. Can would disappear from work, sometimes for days at a time. The staff didn't know what to do. Metin would often find him at the mountain house passed out with an empty Scotch bottle. The great Can Divit brought down by a girl.

Metin moved into the Divit home after that particular scenario. He knew his brother can't keep going on like this. Something had to give. There were a few times when Metin had to physically shove food down Can's throat and played chauffeur. The vultures can't know that Fikri Harika is barely hanging on by a thread. Between Uncle Aziz's diagnosis and Emre's voluntary exile, the agency is in an extremely vulnerable position. The scandal regarding Fabri and Aylin didn't help the situation either. If anyone knew the heir of the company is at his wit's end, everything Uncle Aziz built will go down the drain.

Maybe he's being too harsh on Can. It can't be easy having all this responsibility. The fate and well-being of the employees rests on his weary shoulders. Couple that with his father's illness, his brother's betrayal and his mother's unexpected arrival back into his life, it would've driven anyone insane. Most men would've thrown in the towel.

Can Divit is not like most men though. He has always accomplished the impossible but even the strongest fall at some point. However, Metin knows this slump has nothing to do with the agency's current state of affairs. Can could've handled this debacle with his eyes closed but he's lost without Sanem. If this is what love does to a person, Metin's glad it's not in the cards for him. Maybe it never will be. After all, his own parents couldn't love him. Why would anyone?