Toxic

It's been a very long day: physically and emotionally. Sanem wanted nothing more than to wear her pajamas and collapse in her comfortable bed. But life had other plans for her. For starters, she can't even get her foot in any of her pajama pants due to her damn cast. She's going to be so grateful when the stupid thing comes off in two weeks. The only option she had was to wear a slip which she had no problem wearing under normal circumstances. Sleeping next to your estranged hunky husband in nothing more than your underwear is not normal but c'est la vie.

Speaking of her gorgeous husband, he's been in a tizzy since this morning when he met Vasilis. When her coworker informed her that there were things that needed her urgent attention, she thought nothing of asking him to stop at her house. Vasilis was her lifesaver. Her hero during a time when she had nothing and no one. She really owed him and his mother her current life and the happiness of her children. Vasilis is her dearest and most cherished friend nowadays which is why she can't understand Can's aloofness. She really should've known better than to underestimate Can's jealous streak. Damn Turkish men and their jealousy. Damn her for loving it.

Can took it one step further by calling in the reinforcements. Imagine her surprise when she realized her tiny house was invaded by three grown men who are completely loyal to her husband. Whatever Can thinks is going on between her and Vasilis, he was taking no chances in leaving her alone with her work friend. She can understand Metin and CeyCey's loyalty to Can but she at least thought Osman would be on her side. After all, Osman was her oldest friend and brother-in-law. She thought wrong.

Osman has always been the voice of reason. Whenever she had a problem she couldn't solve, she ran to Osman. Her mother used to joke that if her and Ayhan's shenanigans ever landed them in jail, Osman would be the one to bail them out. Osman took his big brother role very seriously which is why she was glad that he was the one who found her the night she left Istanbul. He never talked to her as she were a child. He always listened, gave her advice and left it up to her to decide for herself. That's who Osman is which is why she shouldn't have been surprised that he's angry with her.

Sanem really wants a glass of wine or two. Maybe even the bottle. She deserves it. As she hobbled her way to the kitchen with her crutches, she can hear Can's low timbre inside the children's room. He's been off his axis since he got home with the children. She knows he's ignoring her but she doesn't know what she did and it's making her anxious. Not anxious. Angry. How dare he treat her like a child? With that in mind, she continued her trek to the kitchen, got a wine glass from the cabinet and poured herself a full glass of her favorite wine. If he wants to play the silent treatment, so be it.

She doesn't know how long she's been sitting by the kitchen counter, waiting for her husband to finally make an appearance. One glass turned into two and so on and so forth. When Can finally made his appearance, she thought he was Zeus personified. Sanem can feel her breath catch and her belly tighten.

Can in button down shirts is her kryptonite. He looks great in anything but something about him looking all prim and proper just does it for her. Maybe if he would stop leaving his shirts mostly unbuttoned, she would be desensitized to his gorgeous chest. Stop thinking about his chest. She's really getting uncomfortable and not just from the silence. He's really intent on not looking at her. She watches him pour himself a whiskey double and down it all in less than ten seconds. Can didn't even look at her and he started walking out of the kitchen holding the bottle. It's going to be one of those nights, I see.

Sanem couldn't take the silence anymore. She doesn't know what possessed her to do it. She blames the alcohol as she threw her wine glass after him. She heard the sound of it, shattering against the door frame. She saw the shock in his face as he finally looked at her. She saw his emotion change into anger as he stopped in front of her. Most of all, she saw herself pull him towards her by his open shirt and kissed him senseless.